monkey bike speedo

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you would need to work out how to mount the speedo drive , tricky but could be done wouldnt last long on a dirt bike to there pretty cheap and nasty ,

I saw those too, I want one on my mini but I don't see any way it would work. only speedo that will work is digital, and digital is just gay.

I put a tacho on the other day, that's pretty easy to hook up
img0470q.jpg

Last edited:
how did you hook up a tacho on 1cylinder??? im confused do you need to run power to it aswell?

Last edited:
by red wire to power you mean the: white or yellow? 12v coming from the strator or do you need a battery?

does the tacho have to be for 1 cylinder or can you use one that is for multiple cylinders because i see most tachos are 4cyl or more

Last edited:
it has to be a 1 cylinder tacho, most are 4/6/8. I searched for hours and this is the only one that's affordable and it's pretty good for the price
Motorcycle, Motorbike REV Meter Gauge 52mm - eBay Other Performance Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 26-Oct-09 06:00:37 AEDST)

if you wanna run power from the stator you need a 12v regulator
50 70 90 110cc Voltage Regulator ATV Birt Bike Moped:eBay Motors (item 160372490362 end time Nov-23-09 23:34:21 PST)

I'm running mine off a 9v battery for now

yep as long as your stator makes enough power, so no IRK's
9v battery runs it fine tho I've just got one cable tied on for now until I hook it up to the regulator

if you want a speedo on your pit bike just use the type they put on push bikes.i run cateye computers on all 3 of my pitbikes,they are cheap(about $40) easy to install have current speed highest speed and average speed aswell as odometer clock and depending on what model you get a couple of other handy features.they are really useful for oil changes aswell as you know how many k's you have done between.

digital speedo's/tacho's suck, I can get a bike one brand new for $5 but it would just suck so I won't bother

I might be wrong, but most of the speedos for bikes, (pushies) are ment for 20" +

Where could you get a smaller one?

Latest posts

Back