Moto Injurys!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eater weekend a few years back we were camping and ripping up a mates property near swan reach.
I was racing a mitsubishi lancer up the hill, and 2 of my mates were racing each other down the hill on their bikes.
Coming round the bend we didnt see each other and had a top gear, holding it pinned head on!
Fractured my wrist and did this to my knee.
My mate broke toes, ribs, and tore a big hole in his thigh

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418936421148.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1418936421148.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418936429525.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1418936429525.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 7
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418936437894.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1418936437894.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418936449038.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1418936449038.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
That gives you some idea of the impact.. both bikes needed PLENTY of repairs!!! Twisted my pro tapers a good 20 degrees.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418939105504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418939105504.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418939113259.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418939113259.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 9
And I just threw up in my mouth. Awesome. lol

Bet you that too a while to heal.

Yes, they were both very lucky lads with that accident !
No helmets or boots on either rider iirc ?

Unfortunately with dirt bikes comes pain. I've had 5 broken legs, broken ankle, displaced shoulder, punctured lung, broken ribs, broken hand, concussions x ... don't remember :faint:

Well worth it though !!!

Me noggin she no work so well

LOL

Been knocked out a couple of times and they usual bruises and stuff but no broken bones to date touch wood.

A 450 should sort that one out. haha

I have got right now a fractured ankle :( the doc says I'm out for about 5 weeks but don't think its gonna take that long, it was eithe plaster or get them ok. Boot, I'm using moon boot just to have some freedom, really annoyed that I wasn't focusing for a split second and look what happened, I hurt myself more on my bmx then Moto :(

I came off my Dh bike harder then any fall on my on my motos.
Came over a decent sized double and if you ride Dh you would know what a decent sized double is.
But yea launched weird and landed in a large rut bike slid out and the bike and I went sliding for 10m before slamming into a tree.
If you have ever fell off at speed on lillydale toppings you will know how bad it is.
But yea got up had eaten a few of those energy gel things so I couldn't feel it at all but it was pretty insane. Walking back up to the top of the tracks was easy until a group of Asian tourists came that was interesting. Two lady's vomited(mind you you could see the bone in my knee pretty easy).
But yea had a large stick go into my thigh maybe 2inches. Shredded my knee. Shredded my elbows and got knocked out for a few mins while my mates where trying to get me back.
Interesting day.

My 3 or 4? broken ribs and punctured lung that happened 5 weeks ago on the Braaap are the only bones i've ever broken.
I don't have any pics though, i didn't even get a bruise.
But i can't wait till they heal up, it's been a bit painful fixing my Territory over the last couple of weeks
I've just replaced the rear caster arms and steering rack ends the other day, and still have the upper front control arm inner bush's to do tomorrow.

Well hope everyone who is injured has a speedy recovery!!

Yes, they were both very lucky lads with that accident !
No helmets or boots on either rider iirc ?
Yeah thats right. No helmet and a guts full of alcohol. (DO NOT RECOMMEND) My missus was sick as with the flu, and 7 months pregnant with our son and she did not want me to go.. karma got me that weekend.
grrrrr!
After sick and holiday pay ran out, I had to fix and sell my bike and everything else I owned of any value just to pay rent and bills while I was off work.

Latest posts

Back