Motorised Pushbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZ_XR8cing

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Be carefull with the CC's. Apparently (don't hold me to this) once you go over 49CC you need to have registration to ride on the roads and or footpaths.

There illegal in QLD as you can't get it registered, just like riding your pitty around the streets, even pushing your motorbike across a driveway which is deemed roadway can result in a fine, depending on the cops attitude.

Under 40cc they are legal aus wide. Mate put one in his downhill bike and i put one in a an oldschool bike for my bro inlaw. We have ours at 60cc. Getting about 70km/h out of it.

They will fine you all day long where I am. Maybe just a bad attitude,.they even had an article on the news the grubs

Damo your PM inbox is full mate, time to empty

80cc 2stroke aka 66cc are **** ive had 2 of them and both have failed me (one clutch the other seizing)
do your self a favour and build one with a husheng 49cc 4stroke and it will run forever... (i rode 15 k's a day) to and from my school every day and only had one problem: the chain... make sure you can get a tensioner for it
and there only legal upto a certain speed in vic and also power it has to be under 200w and i think thats like 1/3rd a hp but if they ever took it to court it prolly would not pass because all engine dynos are out by atleast 2hp

i have been pulled over questioned and then after they sent a photo into the head office with no provail (could not find engine specs) they let me go and said dont let hwy cops see you they will give you a ticket... i proceded

hoyesheng or whatever there called will post a pic on your request if you want

also you gotta look out for too high rpm's on these engines.... they tent to be able to reved to **** and break at the conrod apparently (im not game enough to test that either)

you a local eastern subburbs boy zwebx? im in scoresby!! maube catch you at frankston one day, sorry for getting off topic =)

In QLD they must be have the same ADR gear as a road bike.

Thanks for all the input guys.
I understand they are in the process of been banned Australia wide. It's what you would expect from a government that needs to have their hand in everything.

ZWEBX. Thanks for your help. Thats exactly the help I was after.
How have you found the clutch on the 4stroke??
Do you hit the kill switch when you stop and then pull start when ready to go or is it the kind that only runs when riding??

okay here goes i have A TWO SROKE ONE so u peddle to start let the clutch out and away you go iv been pulled over heaps and they never can book me as the rta website states it has to assist you so if you peddle even thow ur doing 60 ks they cant book you they have breath tested me tryed to book me but when i brought up rta websit on my phone they cant book me because i was peddling me and who to state i cant peddle power my bike to do 60 ks

the 4stroke has a clutch... and that goes to a chain (in the gearbox) that then goes to a freewheel (one way bearing) that is the output of the gearbox.... that then goes by chain to your left side of the rear wheel...

so that means its much easier to pedal than with the 2 smoke ones with the clutch in
the clutch is not to bad... i might have low gearing but its good for 30 - 45 kph and i am able to do mono's with some pedaling and gets me up most hills without pedaling (i pedal slowly so i can claim its underpowered)

yeah nah you can have the motor off and still ride around with little resistance (less than the 2 strokes)
i never ran the kill switch as because the one on the throttle that comes with the kit is **** and broke in so i just choke the engine when i want her to stop

you a local eastern subburbs boy zwebx? im in scoresby!! maube catch you at frankston one day, sorry for getting off topic =)

you will know who i am when you see me rocking my current project a 1978 rm125c (currently waiting for parts)

the 4stroke has a clutch... and that goes to a chain (in the gearbox) that then goes to a freewheel (one way bearing) that is the output of the gearbox.... that then goes by chain to your left side of the rear wheel...

so that means its much easier to pedal than with the 2 smoke ones with the clutch in
the clutch is not to bad... i might have low gearing but its good for 30 - 45 kph and i am able to do mono's with some pedaling and gets me up most hills without pedaling (i pedal slowly so i can claim its underpowered)

yeah nah you can have the motor off and still ride around with little resistance (less than the 2 strokes)
i never ran the kill switch as because the one on the throttle that comes with the kit is **** and broke in so i just choke the engine when i want her to stop

Thanks for your input. Very helpful. Time to buy a kit and hope to stay out of trouble with the law.

i built my own using a 110cc lawn mower motor and it hauls ass :banana:

Latest posts

Back