motovert bogging/stalling after being jumped??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchd

Reaction score
hi guys got a problem with my motovert. its a daytona 125 and running a 26mm oko carb.
on sat night i had my first race on the bike. the track was mint!
though after the woop section or any real jump that i did the bike would splutter an die or like what happend to me while i was winning the first race it bogged down up the lip of a double and i cased front wheel into the landing sending me over the bars.

im geussing its a carby problem?

i have gopro footage of the 1 lap i did will have it up soon

did you drain the carby? sounds like water in the bowl to me.
could be fuel sloshing issue. i had that problem with my molket which was a **** carby to start with (very common fuel sloshing issues)
but an OKO i've never had that issue unless it has water or dirt in the bowl.
could be getting too much fuel or not enough fuel. firstly i'd check if theres dirt or water in the jets or bowl of the carby. unless you have already checked that. then i'd be looking at the amount of fuel the bowl has in it to see if needs more fuel or less fuel going into the bowl.

Last edited:
did you drain the carby? sounds like water in the bowl to me.
i had the same problem with my molket which was a **** carby to start with (very common fuel sloshing issues)
but an OKO i've never had that issue unless it has water or dirt in the bowl.
could be getting too much fuel or not enough fuel. firstly i'd check if theres dirt or water in the jets or bowl of the carby. unless you have already checked that. then i'd be looking at the amount of fuel the bowl has in it to see if needs more fuel or less fuel going into the bowl.

no i havent drained the carby yet, probably would be a good idea to start with that!! ha
ok will do this mate cheers for your help. may have been because i was running a small TB airfilter and it was slightly raining, may have sucked some water in.

should drain it every time you wash or ride the bike!
them small TB filters do more damage then good! the spring inside wears a hole though the foam very quickly
i recommend the green 48mm unifilter for your carby

should drain it every time you wash or ride the bike!
them small TB filters do more damage then good! the spring inside wears a hole though the foam very quickly
i recommend the green 48mm unifilter for your carby

arh ritghto! will be doing this from now on. to use to a big big i geuss.
oh really! will do. can that off dhz ay?

even putting a plastic bag over the filter it still seems to get though to the bowl, annoying but it becomes a 2 second job once you get used to doing it, quickest way is just 17mm spanner on the bottom drain bolt and shaking it let the fuel out the bottom, blow out the jet, seal it back up turn fuel on and shake it again. then let it out and blow jets again. then put it all back together.
did 3 tb filters in a very short time, didn't think much of the spring wrecking the foam till i noticed abit too late..
anybike shop should have one i think but yeah DHZ would be good.
there alot more work then big bikes maintenance wise.

even putting a plastic bag over the filter it still seems to get though to the bowl, annoying but it becomes a 2 second job once you get used to doing it, quickest way is just 17mm spanner on the bottom drain bolt and shaking it let the fuel out the bottom, blow out the jet, seal it back up turn fuel on and shake it again. then let it out and blow jets again. then put it all back together.
did 3 tb filters in a very short time, didn't think much of the spring wrecking the foam till i noticed abit too late..
anybike shop should have one i think but yeah DHZ would be good.
there alot more work then big bikes maintenance wise.

cheers for the help mate! will defiantly be doing this from now on! cost me race wins and abit of soreness haha

Some great advice there! the TB filter is rubbish, I can feel the foam splitting inside after 2 rides and gentle washes, the green unifilter seems to be the winner, no surprises there ;) As for draining the carb, it is one of the best habits to be in. Rules out so many problems.

oh and btw be careful tightening the clamp on the uni filters, can split the rubber sometimes, but in saying that i haven't had that problem for quite a while. i tighten it abit and pull lightly on the filter to see if it comes off and then tighten it abit more if its sliding off.

well it would ran fine it only seemed to bog or stall after i had doen a jump or gone throught the woop section would sit an idle fine.

If you used too much it can cause problems as Carlts said. It can cause the engine to fuel up and when you back off it will stall.
I like Harry's theory of water in the bowl aswell. Thats a common problem

I run a carb vent system on mine, it helps. I saw your crash on the video, for sure you don't want that to happen again, lol. Piss that filter off, get the UNI as the boys said, don't over oil it and never get it wet!! Water in the bowl usually would make it splutter alot as well, particularly on full noise just before a jump, perfect.

Good luck

oh and btw be careful tightening the clamp on the uni filters, can split the rubber sometimes, but in saying that i haven't had that problem for quite a while. i tighten it abit and pull lightly on the filter to see if it comes off and then tighten it abit more if its sliding off.

+1 just checked mine on the weekend and it's split.... Oh well thats what they make racing tape for i spose :) I usually overtighen mine slightly as originally i have had it pop off a couple of times.

Thanks for all the replies fellas! I have ordered the uni filter and will clean the bowl out once i get over to where i keep my bike. An i wont be tightening the clamp to much! Will try take the bike for a spin on the w,e to see how it goes an will let use no.
Cheers again!

I have had the same problem with unifilters splitting and i know i do overtighten it but i just cant stop them from vibrating off on my VM24 and VM22 carbys.Any ideas guys to keep them on.

Latest posts

Back