motovert bogging/stalling after being jumped??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the same problem with unifilters splitting and i know i do overtighten it but i just cant stop them from vibrating off on my VM24 and VM22 carbys.Any ideas guys to keep them on.

I think they split due to the mount being too wide to fit on the carby and once tightened the brace is sitting closer to the air filter - rather than carby and therefore putting pressure in the wrong place. To rectify you could try cuting maybe 5mm off the end of the mount and then trying again, I almost tried this on the weekend, but couldn't be stuffed, maybe i'll try next time i have it off. (sorry if none of this makes any sense, i am terrible at trying to explain things - and useless at MS paint)

Good advice MV24 ! Thump140 would be impressed !

It does sound like a fuel slosh problem which can be caused by too low a float bowl fuel level and water can also cause similar symptoms ... If the fuel level is too low the fuel can slosh away from the main jet causing a bog or hesitation on jumps and over ruts ... Most carbs have anti slosh shrouds over the main jet these days ... Water can also sit in the bottom of the bowl causing no problems until it sloshes and goes up the main jet on bumps but it can also get sucked up into the emulsion tube when the needle gets lifted to certain height during a rev up causing the engine to splutter and bog ...

I have had the same problem with unifilters splitting and i know i do overtighten it but i just cant stop them from vibrating off on my VM24 and VM22 carbys.Any ideas guys to keep them on.

don't over tighten them. I did that once, and it fell off in my garage, WTF. So from then on i barely tighten it, never falls off now. I nip it up then do like 3 turns on the clamp. Plus, make sure no filter oil is on the inside of the flange.

Flange, good word that

What I did was got a hose clamp that was a bit thinner than the ones that come with the filters, it stays on now.

with a new uni, i put it on and tighten the clamp slightly and leave it for the night, by morning the filter will have a indentation in it from the lip on the carb, then you can tighten it up more without over tightening, and it should hang on nicely.

Thanks for all the help guys finally got round to my bike. Emptied the carb twice. Started straight up an ran so much smoother. Had a ride round and once she warmed up, she wasnt missing a beat! I have the uni filter now an havent drowned it in filter oil. Cant wait for next sat at byford to test it on the track! Will have another go pro vid following shortly after.
Thanks again for all the help guys

Latest posts

Back