Motovert rx's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've done some reading throughout the MR pages and found a lot of you have the Rx motards.

I'm looking at getting one - but have read a lot of you buy the 50cc model and put 140's in it?

What's the actual process to this and is it still able to be legally registered etc? Excuse my ignorance but i'm not fully mechanically minded and up with the laws of mini motos.

On that note - if anyone has either a rx 50 or 125 or knows of one for sale - please let me know.

Any other help/ recommendation/ info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

u can go either way with the 50cc -> 1XXcc engine swap, you dont have to engine number changed for rego but a few people on here will recommend doing so.

I haven't done the swap, but modified the RX 125cc engine a bit.

buy the new motor, MOST engines out there have the same engine mounts as the jialing motors.

remove the old motor.

Mount new one in the bike.

play around with all the fun little bits like throttle & clutch cables fuel lines and the wiring.

the other fellas on here that have done the deed can give you more definitive answers.

state regulations differ from state to state , i can inform you what to do in QLD , just simply bolt in desired motor , go to qld dept trans and fill in a change of vehicle particulars , very easy , all legal and away you go

state regulations differ from state to state , i can inform you what to do in QLD , just simply bolt in desired motor , go to qld dept trans and fill in a change of vehicle particulars , very easy , all legal and away you go

Completely agree there Snitchy,very simple process in S.A. also providing your bike requires a motorcycle licence to ride,as for mopeds and scooters(50cc or under) the legalities get a little more fuzzy.

Latest posts

Back