Mounting a 138cc lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mumau11

Reaction score
I'm wondering what all im going to have to do to my stock honda crf70f i know i will need a new carb because i have a 13mm now and i'm pretty sure it wont give the 138cc lifan enough gas to run right. and will everything else fit right?

CRF70 same engine setup as crf50,

lifans fit in a crf50, crf50 fit in a Z50, lifans fit in Z50's

so why wont it fit Sydney?

I'm getting a new motor because i cracked my case like real bad. after i get all of it fixed it will be around 200$. i was planing on getting a new bike soon so i figured if i just get a bigger motor it would be like 200$s more but i will be able to keep it longer befor i move up to a yz85.

+ clutch cable and perch, the stock throttle cable may work if you are lucky, but i don't know for sure.
and will the wiring connect directly up?

id stick with the original engine but it could work with alot of mucking around.

i chucked a 110 lifan in a 69 z50 fit perfect and everythings the same on your bike and same as your motor it would work but id b worried about the clearence between the front wheel and the head.

will fit .you need

M.c.s cr clutch lever =$12.95
Clutch cable = $20 (genuine thumpstar)
Mikuni 26mm carby and manifold =$50.. (im selling a brand new 26mm mikuni carby and manifold out of a 138cc ,contact me if interested mate name ya price)
Oil cooler = $29 (kitaco replica) from dhz of ebay
Mount oil cooler= free
And your sweet

Ok. the motor is going to cost me about $280 with shipping.the parts needed about 140$ with shipping and everything else. so putting this motor is will be around 420$

wil my exhast fit this? i still have a stock crf70f exhast system

How reliable is this Lifan 138cc engine?

and what kind of oil cooler would be best to get for the cheapest?

dont be a dickhead keep the honda engine, when its time for re-sale no one is going to want it with a piece of poo china engine

thats it lets do a poll what would u prefer crf70 wid a 70 or a 138

Edited : I'm too mean to Sidney.

I'd go with what madman said :cool:

Last edited:
from what you guys say i think im just going to stick with my crf70 engine and have my dad weld the case cause ill burn a hole right trough it ahha.:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back