MSO Elite Frames/ Parts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLay

Reaction score
Hey all. been trying to find out info on my MSO Elite. Im considering parting whats left of mine out soon

Ive heard these frames a sought after, is it true?

cheers

Just a Pic of the frame, unfortunatly its alot more scufffed and beaten up now...

Attachments

• Photo096.jpg
    Photo096.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 43
To be honest I think it would be worth more if it wasn't powder coated! You can't sand blast alloy it just looks shatful after unless it polished really well... which would be hard to do on this frame. I reckon 400 bucks maybe little more with swinga. But thats max, unless someone is really chasing one of these frames. The random buyer wanting a frame you wouldn't get anymore.

Last edited:
Whats so special bout the frame itself but? th rest of th bike wasnt that flash. I know its CNC alloy nd they,re wasnt many made but still... ill chuck it up later... still decidiing wether its worth keeping, i got th DNM Hornet forks aswell

How long is that shock ? (centre of eye to eye) ... I'm guessin' 260 mm ... with a 600 lb spring ? ...

The frames were expensive to buy on their own (brand new) and the complete bikes were around $2000 ~ $2200 at the time ... A few frames sold cheaply on ebay ... I bought a main frame w/subframe for $200 ...

I don't like the way the steel pivot bush is held into the alloy back bone ... Some goon hacked at the ends of mine with a cut-off disc ... They couldn't cut straight if their life depended on it ... They're longer than the pivot bush width on stock frames so it'll clean up with care in a lathe ...

Here's what they look like assembled ...

MSOELITEFRAME2.jpg

Billetframe11.jpg

Billetframe5.jpg

Billetframe6.jpg

To be honest I think it would be worth more if it wasn't powder coated! You can't sand blast alloy it just looks shatful after unless it polished really well... which would be hard to do on this frame..

you can always get it acid dipped? any place that does p/c'ing should be able to do it as its a step they use before powdercoating alloy.

OR

You could get it soda blasted.

Either one wont damage your frame and should get it back to the machined look it had when new

Cactus's frames identical to mine. However i Custom painted mine in Enamel after mine started going chalky and unhappy.. Cheers for input. I will make another thread in th appropriate area soon.

you can always get it acid dipped? any place that does p/c'ing should be able to do it as its a step they use before powdercoating alloy.

OR

You could get it soda blasted.

Either one wont damage your frame and should get it back to the machined look it had when new

Yeah not everything I learn sticks ha ha. But yeah acid dip and a polish and I'd be pointlessly wanting to buy this frame lol

Yeah not everything I learn sticks ha ha. But yeah acid dip and a polish and I'd be pointlessly wanting to buy this frame lol

lol we all learn things daily..lol

as for the dipping, it should just return it to the way it was before painting. ie: machined look.

Acid or caustic baths will make it look dull and grey looking ... but there's probably chemical stripping methods that can bring it back to the as machined finish ...

The main problem will most likely be the type of alloy they've been made from ... as Dlay stated , his frame was dull and corroded looking , that's why he painted it ...

The stock frames look like they've been coated with a metallic finish like a type of anodizing ... but they probably don't hold up to water over time ... especially if there's salt on the ground ...

The fact that alloy swingers are coated with silver crap or paint tells you they're made from low quality alloy ...

What style of plastics go with the frame? if its KLX 110 I might be interested in it

Latest posts

Back