MSO X6R Freestyle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzuki_Master

Reaction score
I have had a 2007 MSO X6R for about 6 months and I am wanting to start doing freestyle on my RM125 but cant afford a big ramp and landing and dont have much land (and neighbours complain about the noise) so i thought about using my MSO instead but i was just wandering would it be able to handle the jumps or would it break?

Thanks for the help :)

it should be able to handle a decent size jump

this size is proberly to big for a stock MSO would do it about 50 times tho before you ate wheel..

this size is proberly to big for a stock MSO would do it about 50 times tho before you ate wheel..[/QUOTE]

What is something i can do for cheap to make it handle the bigger jumps better?

get this done if your gonna do freestyle on the x6r
1)Red barron footpeg mount =$130
2)decent billet footpegs=$50
3)Thicker 20w fork oil and mybe stiffer springs
3)stiffen up that rear shock
4)brace the frame near the headtube by adding a gusset like they do on the stock crf50 frames
5)red barron heavy duty spokes 12"=$85

with those kind of mods you be able to push around 25ft mark from ramp to dirt ,if you build a step up at say 15 foot you could do it easily in stock these little puppies are hard i can hit my 10 footer at my property (dirt to dirt) and overshoot the landing without any damage besides kinked wrists.Just build a ramp and keep moving it back a few feet at a time till your comfy

get this done if your gonna do freestyle on the x6r
1)Red barron footpeg mount =$130
2)decent billet footpegs=$50
3)Thicker 20w fork oil and mybe stiffer springs
3)stiffen up that rear shock
4)brace the frame near the headtube by adding a gusset like they do on the stock crf50 frames
5)red barron heavy duty spokes 12"=$85

with those kind of mods you be able to push around 25ft mark from ramp to dirt

My MSO has 10" wheels and you said to put 12" spokes on it. Is this right? I dont really know much about this sorta stuff just to me it sounds wrong. And is 25ft far enough to do decent tricks on? My ramp is gonna be about 1.5m high and about 2.5m long so will i get enough time to pull good tricks? Thankyou all for your help :D

My MSO does have 12" wheels sorry. Must've been thinking about someone elses bike. And also is 25ft big enuogh to pull decent tricks?
Thankyou all for your help

Last edited:
If you can land a 25ft jump youll be able to get tricks going on that distance. Dont try anything stupid though lol

My MSO does have 12" wheels sorry. Must've been thinking about someone elses bike. And also is 25ft big enuogh to pull decent tricks?
Thankyou all for your help

lol i was thinking whats he on about :) ... good luck mate....yep if u can land 25ft you should be able to do decent tricks... but take it slow and steady by starting off small and slowly make it bigger and bigger

red barron are very good ,check oz50's prices on the spokes
,if i had a rather slim price budget this is what i would go

Red barron 12" spoke kit from oz50 ,to lace them just take 1 spoke out of the wheel at a time replacing the stock spoke with a red barron spoke and nipple (repeat proces to you have the wheel fully spoked with red barron spokes)

2)REAR SHOCK: I would buy a top of the line fast ace shock of the bay as the price of a new redbarron spring alone is worth the price of this fastace unit
eBay Australia: Genuine FASTACE Rear Shock Model BS-66AR-280L Thumpstar (item 230145225638, end time 24-Jun-07 20:35:31 AEST)

3)Get the red barron foot peg mount and run some ebay billet pegs ,just search :foot pegs or footpegs consistantly and you should be able to hook some up for around $50 which is $70 cheaper than the redbarron ones

4)Front suspension: replace the oil with shell 20wt or thicker oil ,take out your springs take em to your nearest 50s shop or shop that sells good! brands ,no cheap ebay shit here and get some stiffer sx springs ,not 100% sure if the red barron ones will fit you may have to get the springs out of the factory fork

5)GET SOME DECENT BARS ,if you have not replaced these yet and you do freestyle your gonna eat shit bigtime so replace the stockers with some pro taper xr50 bend bars at $84.95

6)Depending on how granrly the top of the landing is on the jump you may wanna replace your bashplate to somethiung with a bit more strenght here, get the older style ones not the bbr type i would go a sano or five o one to same your engine

7)brace the frame ,its a must other wise your really pushin ya luck.

also with those mods your bike should be able to cope with 25ft no worries
,ive herd people busting out 30 foot doubles on stock ttr90s so you should be in the clear suzuki master

red barron are very good ,check oz50's prices on the spokes
,if i had a rather slim price budget this is what i would go

3)Get the red barron foot peg mount and run some ebay billet pegs ,just search :foot pegs or footpegs consistantly and you should be able to hook some up for around $50 which is $70 cheaper than the redbarron ones

7)brace the frame ,its a must other wise your really pushin ya luck.

Hey, thanks so much but i was just wanderin is it possible to get the brace by itself cause i cant find it? and also where can i get the gusset fot the frame?

just make it your self out of some thick alloy ,ask a crf owner like mini mulisha ,sixeven etc or post up a thread .The brace should just you near the head tube there

Latest posts

Back