Mud blaster 125cc not starting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott_87

Reaction score
Hi all, tis my first post so be nice.

Recently bought the misses a mudblaster 125cc quad from Kamakaze disposals down here in S.A as a few mates already had them and hadn't had any problems. So did the right thing and bought the misses a bike so we could both go out riding.

Took her out and thing wouldnt start so put her in gear rocked back and forth and tried again, it started. Since then taken home made sure battery was charged but still having the same problem.

Its an electronic start and all I get when trying to turn it over is a ticking sound, I'm assuming relay or started motor is there any way to check these?

Cheers scott

even though the battery is showing fully charged it will be buggered. buy a good quality battery and that should solve your problem. if not take it back to where you got it and ask them to have a look at it.

you need to check the battery with a multimeter on volts.
it should be at or above 12volts, then hit the starter button and see what the volts drop to.
if it drops under approx 8 volts then its more than likely a battery issue or a bad earth.

try jump starting it from a car or a decent jump pack to see if it starts all the time.

also when its running check the volts again at the battery, it should be at or above 13 volts..

as above battery sounds like its no good,
grab a multimeter and set it to 20 volts, red lead onto red battery terminal, and black to black.
it should read 12.6 volts if it has a full charge.

and when running it should read around 13-14 volts, give or take .2volts
if its only new take it back, should be under warranty.

sprints here in sa have a century sealed gel battery cheap enough,
or maybe go to the reject shop and pick up a small yellow jumper battery, think they were selling them for $15, they are 30volt? and will be ok for short use jump starts.

i have just pulled apart my sons 110 buggy starter and found one magnet had unstuck off the inside of the motor, glued it back on and is all good now

craig

Yeah only reason I don't think its battery is I tried starting it up after using the battery charger and also while the charger was connected. I followed the leads along the battery to which I'm assuming is the relay and that's where I hear the clicking but no action.

thats the start solenoid will will make a clicking sound when you are lol on volts or the starter motor is stuffed...

jump start it off a car and see what happens

Yeah just got her going then shut her down to check and yep no start. So I think I may invest in a new starter motor. Anything anyone can suggest?

Yeah just got her going then shut her down to check and yep no start. So I think I may invest in a new starter motor. Anything anyone can suggest?

what did ya actually do to get it going and come to the conclusion of a new starter needed

Put it in gear rocked it back and forward a few times put it back into neutral and she started. Turned it off then tried starting again and nothing. Figured it was the only logical thing? Now thinking mayb not so???

sounds a bit like what happened to my sons buggy, starter fell apart internally. i was able to repair it
how old is it?
and what area are you in?

3 months old ridden once. live in the semaphore park area

i would be ringing kamikazee tomorrow, see what they say.
ask them a price on a new starter too.

Latest posts

Back