mv24's LXR build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look how far away the rear of my front guard and wheel sit on my 2012

As much as i hate your spokey dokes :p that is one sexy bit of kit. Also when your sitting on it i would assume you'd loose a fair bit of that gap.

As much as i hate your spokey dokes :p that is one sexy bit of kit. Also when your sitting on it i would assume you'd loose a fair bit of that gap.

Yeah you do loose a fair bit of gap the older LXR's are a bit short and I'm pretty sure it will hit

I'm with Nick have a look at the back of the front fender. Harrys sits over the head and Nicks sits just in front, lets hope not but I'm sure I've seen this come up somewhere before, fingers crossed Hazza if not the angle grinder and lengthen is in order.

Yeah styv was in the same situation but lucky he had 2 lxrs one was a newer longer frame and one wasn't

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Mine doesn't look too close when it's straight, I've got longer forks then stock and the tyre usually use its half the size of the current one. I haven't fully compressed them Yet as there setup same as Reefys

EED6B528-8DDF-4500-9C04-E77D092FC42D-5158-0000011955413554_zps9adecc85.jpg

Started it trying to post it

Yeah I seen your you tube vid bud how did you bolt the pro circuit up ? The animas have a crf exhaust port angle .....

[video=youtube;k0PmlU2M2X8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0PmlU2M2X8&feature=youtu.be&feature=autosharec[/video]

Stock pipe lines up pretty easy, pro circuit needs a slight bend in it

Thanks Andrew. Power is like the kx250f, I need to change the oil lines and get a new kickstart

Stock pipe lines up pretty easy, pro circuit needs a slight bend in it

Thanks Andrew. Power is like the kx250f, I need to change the oil lines and get a new kickstart

Thats sweet I've got a pro circuit on the way thanks for the quick reply mate ... your gonna have fun with that 190 bud !

What carb and jetting is on it ?? seems shes slightly lean maybe ... spluttering a bit and popping on decel ??

Keihin pwk28, I didn't change the jetting just wanted I get it going. 38/105 same as the 160ho 184
Dad got more jets, its not boggy or anything just pops abit.

Got any ideas for the wheel and engine? My forks are really hard for the big jumps like Reefys so I'm hoping its hard enough it doesn't bottom out.. Where did you hear it from? Dad doesn't seem to think it'll hit with the normal tyres we use so I guess I'll just have to try it

the pilot jet should be very close if not perfect but up the main jet 4 sure its too small .

As for the wheel hitting the motor apparently the early LXR's are shorter so with the daytona anima motors the wheels can touch the rocker cover .... honestly just give it a test get a set of tie downs and strap the sucker up to your trailer and compress the front end right down you will soon find out if the issue is there or not .... if its very close chances are it will touch when landing off a jump because you have to allow for reward flex too

Yeah knew it was close, maybe try a 40/110-115.
I've got an old bike rack i used to use I was thinking of trying it out on, ill do that

Yeah I'm running 42 / 125 with a jfn needle it's spot on ... I'd check out the clearance the last thing you wanna do is land a big jump and the front tyre locks up against the motor

Me and dad went to town today to try get some banjo bolts for the Daytona and hopefully a kickstart, not real helpful once you mention the bike name but oh well weren't sucssesful just got hose clamps. Dad brought a new saw blade and cut up my old oil lines and put the new red hoses over the top of that. It worked and now I have pretty much what I've wanted to do for a long time thanks to the Daytona :D
8377F32F-2D67-4354-BF30-597B8993787F-4681-0000010519565AEE_zps83e46f3f.jpg

F67D9ED8-EE9F-44C3-954A-B032C48E2AA3-4681-0000010525D1D3FC_zps8dde5c52.jpg

589512C4-D60F-43C2-A9E6-9957B1EF5ED6-4681-000001053604C909_zpsc21bbe01.jpg

8D8F78CF-196E-4160-84A6-B1C524D16F24-4681-000001054C434AB1_zps1855a47b.jpg

Also got the hour meter setup, (thanks kosta) doesn't seem to show any numbers which it was afew weeks ago, do they recharge?

Also swapped throttles with the motovert as I couldn't find a spare cable for it as it split and was sticking.
Also put a new killswitch on finally

Had a quick ride on it before and took it down the driveway, can't wait to run it in feels like it has good amount of revs like the kxf

Pretty happy with it just need new tyres for it and a kickstart

[video=youtube;bDMlef2RD5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDMlef2RD5M[/video]

looks awesome dude, i really love the red frame, and plus red goes faster :p
did you end up finding out if the wheel would meet the engine? if it does, you could make a full-faced bash plate. you put some space or "bend room" so that if the wheels hits, the bash plate takes all the shock, and your engine doesnt. and i imagine you'd like to keep it in tip top condition aswell ;). just a thought.

Latest posts

Back