My 09 CRF50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitboss125

Reaction score
Hey guy's,

Thought i better post up some pic's of my CRF for those who have asked to see it. I picked it up last monday so the mods so far are

- Red Baron Tall Seat
- Red Baron BMX bar kit
- Red Baron Shock Spring
- Mini Springs mild fork springs
- Uni filter

I have also payed for a crf70 swingarm from Unit, SM Pro Rims and Heavy duty spokes (10" rear, 12" front) Red Baron Bash Plate, and Red Baron Fork Bushings so im just waiting for these parts to arrive at my door then i will put them on and post some more pics.

I have found that since run in and after i put the uni filter on, the bike runs a bit lean up top and isnt reving out as well, so im going to try and get a #60 and #62 Jet to try. Has anyone else who has done similar mods noticed this with theres?

Im also after some advice firstly on what are good tires to put on my new rims and where would i be able to get them? and if you have a look at my throttle cable, you will notice that it looks real shit and also has this big ugly adjuster right near the throttle. On top of that it is missing a 90 degree bend from the throttle, so overall its pretty poxy. Just wondering which brand's have the throttle cables with the 90 degree bend and without that shit adjuster right in front of the throttle.

Cheers, Dave

Attachments

• davids crf 001 small.JPG
    davids crf 001 small.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 238
  • davids crf 002 small.JPG
    davids crf 002 small.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 103
  • davids crf 003 small.JPG
    davids crf 003 small.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 90
  • davids crf 004 small.JPG
    davids crf 004 small.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 82
  • davids crf 005 small.JPG
    davids crf 005 small.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 125
Yeah Sweet You Got One...i Should Prob Put Some Pics Of Mine Up But I Wanna Wait Till I Get The Fork Leg Kit Because With The Fox Float Shock In The Rear It Sit Ass Up And Looks Funny..haha..alwell What Else You Got Planned For This?

next up i think i will get pegs and a peg mount, then an ishock, and then i might start looking at the motor..... maybe takegawa 88 s stage kit..... i dont really want to get a pipe cause i want to keep it quiet, but i think im going to have to....

Looks good mate good to see some pics to!!

Try a fast50 cable, I think the throttle could be flipped over by the looks of it so the cable is on the inside of the handlebars.

For the tyres , Bridgestone M40 front tyre and M402 rear tyre.

Best combination I have ever riden on a mini , they work so well.

Swinga is going out in the mail tommorow mate!

Bike looks awsome by the way!

siiick another crf, everyone on here should buy one haha.

cheers, not sure if im even going to use it lol but kewl to have just incase... fitted my bash plate and fork bushings today :) i have found that my fork springs are way too stiff though..... does anyone have any recommendations for fork springs for a 60kg rider? what are you guys using... the ones i have are pretty solid and pretty much dont move unless i land shitty off a jump or something.... i ordered mild springs from mini springs but am not sure weather they sent me the mild ones, cause i cant imagine ones any stiffer....

nice bike mate can i ask why you guys like to run a 12 front does it grip better? i know my choni 10 is like riding on ice lol

basically the slightly larger wheel is better for absorbing bumps and makes the bike feel a little bit less twitchy.... it also looks pretty kewl. although its a two inch bigger rim, it only equates to about an inch in height at the front so not that much difference

put 1 stock spring in 1 fork leg,done it on my zeda works a treat!!Has a bit of movment instead of being rock hard.Is only a little diff in length in springs so 1 leg will be a little bit longer ,but that fixed when you do up the axle:)

put 1 stock spring in 1 fork leg,done it on my zeda works a treat!!Has a bit of movment instead of being rock hard.Is only a little diff in length in springs so 1 leg will be a little bit longer ,but that fixed when you do up the axle:)

sick ill try that, sounds like a good idea

Latest posts

Back