My 09 CRF50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon the bike sits perfect...I have mine setup like that. They track better and arnt as twitchy.

Leave the michelin they are the best tyres..i run them on my limited..Pricey but good. WIth that black wheel its going to look sick. GOod work mate.

did you have to lace that front wheel yaself? coz i got a Brand new Red Sano hub i would of sold ya pretty dam cheap? would look pretty good on ya bike ;)

I reckon the bike sits perfect...I have mine setup like that. They track better and arnt as twitchy.

Leave the michelin they are the best tyres..i run them on my limited..Pricey but good. WIth that black wheel its going to look sick. GOod work mate.

Thanx man, yea it feels really nice to ride now and feels a lot smoother with the 12" front wheel and longer forks. The forks are very stiff at the moment though so i need to soften them up a bit somehow, i might have to get springs cause every time i try to let air out of the air valve, oil pisses out :confused: im going to have a look at them tonight and maybe try to let air out by opening up the top of the leg? They have like 60 psi or something my fox pump says.

did you have to lace that front wheel yaself? coz i got a Brand new Red Sano hub i would of sold ya pretty dam cheap? would look pretty good on ya bike ;)

Yea i laced it myself, I am prob going to paint the back hub black to match the front before i lace up the new rim. Sorry man, i have like no use for another hub lol

Mate that 50 is trick !!!
Will you have the 88 in it ready for the first round at Logan this weekend

not to worry , theres another 5 rounds after this one & if ur keen to travel there is a few rounds in nsw

no worries if ya change ya mind let me no ill do it for like $40 shipped (BRAND NEW).. there like 140 brand new

anyways how hard was it to lace a wheel?? always wanted to give it a go.

and how good are those forks??? i remember back when had my 50 was so close to buying a set. they look awsome!

no worries if ya change ya mind let me no ill do it for like $40 shipped (BRAND NEW).. there like 140 brand new

and how good are those forks??? i remember back when had my 50 was so close to buying a set. they look awsome!

Hey Damo , how much shit is involved in getting that hub to work on those fastace's , I got zokes of motovert and wouldn't mind running this hub

Yea man, lacing the wheel wasnt too hard. It was when i tryed to do it the way sano says in the piece of paper that comes with the forks, but if you look at bbr's video on youtube and do it that way it aint too hard... still took me a couple of hours to do it there way alone though. Just take your time, mine came up pretty good with pretty much no sideways buckle and a bout 1 mm of egg which is only really noticeable on a dti. The forks feel pretty good but i think i may have got a faulty set cause my rebound adjustment doesnt work. I am trying to sought that out now...

Cheers, Dave

Heres another picture with it a bit cleaner. I just started stripping the paint off the clutch cover, i have noticed not many people bother but i rekon it looks kewl. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers, Dave

IMG_1297.jpg

Im personally not a fan of the Stripped Covers. But still the thing looks mint...Good to see more Honda's getting built again.

Looks awsome mate!
Love the look of the stock pipe too , you've cleaned it up really nice. Did you grind all the heat shield tabs of it ? And sand it?

^^^ i use paint stripper in a spray can. selley's

pitboss, bike's lookin sweet well done bud

Last edited:
hey dude , so just use paint stripper , it wont make it rust by taking it off will it , can you also do that to the cover on other side man , ???

hey dude , so just use paint stripper , it wont make it rust by taking it off will it , can you also do that to the cover on other side man , ???
nar it wont rust its aluminium and you can do it to the other side

Latest posts

Back