My AGB 29 Face Lift

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer it is and i know that what i think to but i never had all the loom n stuff so i just gota be real genty on the throttle till its run in, but it only ran for what u see coz now i am pulling it down and spraying it all ect..

hey guys... i'm back!! heh heh with the latest installment of my build. I sprayed my plastics today, and also heat wraped my zorst to increase exhaust velosity and to help the scavinge process. The wrap only cost me 20 bux including 5 stainless clips for it, i also used very high temp VHT paint underneath to seal it to the pipe better, heres a pic:
Bike010.jpg

I didn't get pics of the plastics as i let em dry and bagged em straight away to stop dust ect while they were still not cured properly, but trust me they look a treat, all i did was used a high grit paper on them to remove the marks on them (I used a 220grit at first and then put it up more to about 400ish grit, and then followed it with one of them green softish scourer as this would have been the equivelent of a much high grit paper) Them i washed themin the sink with warm soapy water to remove the dirt from underneath ect and dryed them, then wiped them with a damp thinners rag to remove all oil ect and painted em... come up a treat i shall get pics asap. I also chasing down crhome numbers as i have 2 left/right chrome metal mulisha skulls on the way.

Let me know what ur thoughts are

Cheers
ASR Rider

nice! does that heat wrap actualy do anything for performance? yes i did read it increases exhaust velocity but dose it actualy make a noticable increase in power?

It accually does improve performance, what accually happens is the wrap aides in the exhaust scavinge process.. so, the wrap keeps the zorst pipe hotter and when its hotter the exhaust gases can flow quicker through the pipe and thus, this creates a vacuum within the pipe and engine and therefore removes the exhaust from the engine quicker, less work = Power, also ur leg won't get burnt... got some killer scars... haha, also i dunno if this would matter but because the pipe is kept cooler everything else is cooler and as we all no engines run better with cooler air..

Ok guys, its Finally ALL done. All that is left is to put it all back together, shouldn't take me more than 1/2 a day, although i will loctite everything so that may take some time.
I sprainted the frame, swinger and plastic mount for the back of the frame to day, well me old man did.. because i got new paint!! This is a custom one of gunmetal grey/charcol metallic i got made, cost me 60 bux thats fair nuff, the reason dad did it is cos he's a much better painter than me (ex Sprayer) and the paint was weird coz of the silver flakes, heres the can:
Image003.jpg
... Ok heres the frame before it was sprayed, i hot tanked it, rubbed it down, tanked it, rubbed it down, tanked it, rubbed it down... the shit on it is stubborn as hell...
Image004-1.jpg
Close up of where i had to trim the frame to fit the 140 in
Image002-1.jpg
, here's dad spraying it
Image005-2.jpg

AND... DUN DUN DAAA It Done....
Image006-1.jpg
, not the best foto i no but man it looked good in the light.

Thanks Guys, let me no what u all think

Cheers
ASR

how did ya get it to say ASR on the side of the frame?
it looks good cant wait to see the finish result.:D

ohhh yer and orion125 blah blah just coz of u i brought some protaper se bars coz u said mine looked munted lol

looks really good.Well done..... but not better then hi-five's fully pimped jap lol

wat are u on about matt my bike better :( ...........

lookin relly good ASR did your frame say painting pending???

keep us posted FOTM all the way man :D

Patent or Painting? i dunno what ur talking about... but it did say patent pending on the top of the frame why?

were bouts did ya get the 'zaust tape from? I've been wanting to put some on my 140XR but cant find it.
i was only going for the bur protection, i didn't know it would boost HP on a pitty, I've used it on turbo exhausts, (theres some intense heat there lol) gets the gases flowing faster and keeps the heat down in the engine bay.

... but it did say patent pending on the top of the frame why?

What patent??? lol:p

BTW: Did you make three holes in the frame near the head??You know its the most stress area?? Good luck with that!!

Last edited:
were bouts did ya get the 'zaust tape from? I've been wanting to put some on my 140XR but cant find it.
i was only going for the bur protection, i didn't know it would boost HP on a pitty, I've used it on turbo exhausts, (theres some intense heat there lol) gets the gases flowing faster and keeps the heat down in the engine bay.

If you ride your bike in the dirt , dont bother about heat wrap. I spent $50 on the stuff and about half a day trying to do the job correctly to find that the wrap ripped within 15 mins , dirt/oil stained it and left a big stain on my pipe header. It looked foul after one ride. Save your money for something else

What BS!!...I am running wrap an all our bikes and there is no issue AT ALL!!...if you don´t know how to put it correctly don´t complain about it afterwards, tool!! BTW it saves a lot of trousers too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back