my boys build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is a spigot? lol

Will check the shed tonight and see what I have.

and now come more issues..... the oil cooler that comes with the z160 mounts differently to the frame than the gpx oil cooler, and they use a different size banjo fitting, z160 being 8mm banjo, gpx 10mm banjo. anyone have 8mm banjo's on 8mm i/d lines they dont need?

and now come more issues..... the oil cooler that comes with the z160 mounts differently to the frame than the gpx oil cooler, and they use a different size banjo fitting, z160 being 8mm banjo, gpx 10mm banjo. anyone have 8mm banjo's on 8mm i/d lines they dont need?

Well I have the whole anodized gold oil cooler on the bigwheel frame. I went into the shed on an unrelated matter and went hang on...8mm and all. Not exactly sure what I want to do with the 150 lifan atm...can I have some thinking time maybe an hour or two mate? If i can part it out I wont loose to badly...just need to think about it for a bit! Outside watching the eclipse its pretty cool!

take all the time in the world mate :) how does it mount to the frame? you will see in the pic im about to post what oil cooler im running and from that the frame mounting system

i want to run the oil cooler withthe four mounting holes as i already have the mounting points on this frame to suit

but i need lines with the small fitting pictured on the big hose next to it, is that possible?

as i cant fit the small hoses over the oil cooler intakes.

exhaust is all bolted in with fresh copper gasket and the sexy tb manifold is looking,well, sexy lol

i did discover however that one thread was stripped on the head to mount the manifold, but the tb manifold kit came with a double threaded rod which i screwed into the head enough to bite and then screwed the nut down on the other end, resulting in a nice tight seal. i got more than enough tension on it all to be confident its sealed very well :) will look better when i trim the excess thread off though

Yeah I think you're better off maybe getting a new one? This is the one from the Lifan 150...small lines small 8mm bolts...the one on the 160 like yours almost look custom made? Hang on ill get you a photo of that in a min.uploadfromtaptalk1398756257796.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398756296145.jpg

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

So this is the 160z looks like they've just done an auto shop cheap job on it? Hose clamps and big line on the brake plugs? Maybe your way to go on this one Tassy Stu!??uploadfromtaptalk1398756607609.jpg

your cooler wouldnt help me any, has the same mounting system as the one i have here. i might try to make a adapter bracket to run the standard zonger one, cant seem to find what i want on ebay etc

anyone that repairs hydraulics etc should be able to cut the ends off and fit a new one,
even Automotive Brake shops could do it

nah either end will earth it fine

this is the same coil, but with the single mount, and in australia too
you can unsolder the wires from the terminal and mount and just use a female spade terminal on it
PIT Dirt Bike Ignition Coil Pack 50cc 90cc 110cc 125cc Spark Plug C7HSA Quad ATV | eBay

these are good for the price too, they make big sparks, but use an NGK spark plug cap on it
High Performance Racing Ignition Coil PIT PRO Trail Dirt Quad Bike ATV Buggy | eBay

or one from china
Performance Ignition Coil High Spark Plug Wire GY6 150cc 50cc Scooter ATV Gokart | eBay

im hoping to be able to use the one of my braaap pro, the link was just as a example, should of said that sorry craig. the one i replaced on the braaap was fine, i just wanted one with more spark for the daytona. i figured the old braaap one would have plenty of spark for the 160 and just wanted to check that it would work before i started playing around with it

so i decided i might have a crack at making some adapter plates for the original oil cooler and seemed to come up with something temporary. what ive made can also be used as a template for me to make something a little stronger.
i had a length of c section lying around so i cut a nice little chunk out

then cut that in half and cleaned it up

drilled the three holes into each one

they are now drying from a lick of paint.
i also took the pe of my bike, swapped the smallest main jet into it i had (115) hopefully that will be small enough.

Nice work...I won't show you the bracket I made for the coil on the cheapie! Looking good! I'm going to have to repaint the 160 for it to look anywhere near that clean! Any luck with the oil cooler lines?

got the oil cooler installed and fired the bike up tonight, will idle fine but will not rev at all. if i even touch the throttle it just bogs down and dies completely. jets to big?, or maybe even the pe28 is to big? anyways may be getting another oko for it (at nearly twice the price i sold mine for, im a ****ing idiot) see how that goes on it. i am however stoked that it started ;)

Latest posts

Back