my boys build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sooo.... finally got around to starting to rebuild my eldest sons bike and thought id upload our progress.......
this is what we started with

basically a stock 125 in it with some miss matched wheel sizes (how we got it) goes like sh*t and looks even better lmao

my boy n i stripped it down yesterday to discover a crack in the swinger every bearing on the bike was shot the rear hub chewed out from the f***ed bearings so i believe ill spend every dime of the 1000 dollar budget (lucky i had my gpx 125 sitting there or budget GONE LOL)

will upload some more photos as we progress further

Last edited:
sweet mate, bet your son cant wait to start riding !
and the condition isnt to bad, i've seen builds that have started of with bikes in worse condition, and they turned out great! shame about the swinger, and the bearings! i hate the bill you get after buying a set of bearings!!
good luck with it all mate, should turn out great! :)

yeah cheers mate he is hanging to get on it.... instead of f***ing around with the swinger i bought a complete piranah rear end 630 bucks later my wallet feels a lot lighter

yeah, that happens when you spend a bit of money :cheeky-smiley-005:
what engine are you going to get? are you gonna reco this one? remember the GPX 125 is just 400 bucks away ;)

ive got a gpx 125 sitting here only 4 months and about 22hrs old so im lucky on that area :lol: got some new pics il upload soon we started sanding the frame back today holy crap is that time consuming but need the 80 bucks itd cost me to dip n strip it for other parts

good deal mate, i can see that its the crf copy style frame. if i were you while you have it all pulled gown, i would get it braced. there not the strongest frames around so yeah. there are a few good threads on here as to how you should brace them, but underneath the spine most people weld a bit of 20mmx20mm angle iron. just a thought :)

exactly! im probably gonna brace mine soon enough, but i never really jump, and even when i do its probably like max 1 foot :)
here are some threads regarding crf frame bracing:
1. http://www.miniriders.com/tech-talk/20219-frame-bracing-strenthening.html this ones pretty good, motoxxx did a good job, and that will definately not bend.
2.http://www.miniriders.com/japanese-minis/31784-strengthen-crf50-frame.html this ones got abunch of other threads related to crf 50 frame bracing aswell, so check em out, the more info the better!
hope this helps mate :)

these are the plastics etc for the bike should look sweet with the anodised blue swing arm and black with blue striping ive planned for the paint on the frame and sub frame

Last edited:
been sanding for couple of days now got the subframe cleaned up and some of the frame, gave a mate my templates for the bracing so theyll be cut out friday with any luck
:action-smiley-033:

Last edited:
with your pics, click on the photo to bring up a big image
on the r/h side of the page you will see the links to share your pics, in a couple of boxes,
one has IMG code on it
left click on the details to the right of that eg - [URL=http://S127*****************
it will highlight it in yellow and say copied.
then come back to you post here and right click where you want the pic, then select paste.
it will paste the details to the page.
when you press post quick reply, the post will show up the full picture instead of just the link.

with your pics, click on the photo to bring up a big image
on the r/h side of the page you will see the links to share your pics, in a couple of boxes,
one has IMG code on it
left click on the details to the right of that eg -
thanks heaps mate id been wonderin how to do that

WOW!
thats alot of monet to spend on a rear end!! Or am i misinformed?? i suppose that coming with everything is convenient :) should look nice when it all hooked up !

Latest posts

Back