my boys build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no probs dude. i cant remember if they had the old style bearings or the needle rollers. should be able to check em out tommorow arvo for ya :)

yreah but its also only for my ten yr old i reckon with some good quality oil in em and new seals they will be fine.... just did a parts list n pricing and ive already spent 780 bucks with a few parts left to get. The forks will def tip me over my 1000 dollar budget.

wow mate that look sick! cant wait to see it bolted up! your 10yr old's gonna have the best set of wheels around! keep up the great job bud :)

the rear end and pedal came up sweet!
did you use a decent clear coat to seal he candy off, and help stop it from chipping?

the dog doesn't look too impressed with it all, :blah: :laughing-smiley-002

i haven't gel coated it yet but i most definitely will be, just have to let the paint cure for 7 days before i touch it again, it was only touch dry at the time.
dexter (the dog) isnt phased by to much unless it is moving quickly or squeaking lmao

made a fair bit of progress on the build just waiting on a few parts to finish it off.
had some dramas with the brake pedal turns out it just will not work with this frame for some reason it hits the swinger and wont engage the brake so ive ordered a stock pedal. was a major p*ss off as id spent the time to spray it and clear coat it but hey what can u do.

should have the back and front wheels back tomoz (new bearings in the front and the kenda millville and rim locker fitted on the rear) just waiting on the bar clamps grips n 1/4 turn throttle asv copy levers and im in the process of making a steel/rubber hybrid clamp for the oil cooler as i rather stupidly forgot to get the two nuts welded on the underside of the frame when my mate put the brace pipe in the center of the frame... i spent hours with the bog building 1 mm layers over the welds to make it un noticeable that the frame had been cut managed to completely hide it which i was stocked on.

looking great dude, shame about that rear pedal, i hate it when you put all your work into something, only to have it not work-fit :(. and my mate has just got a set of those asv copy levers and they are of resonable quality and fitted up perfect to his bike so yeah!
cheers,
jack

Latest posts

Back