my boys build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got a 32mm exhaust thats not to bad ill prod just use that the gpx was running fine with that exhaust and was f***ing loud... ive got a 160ho to put into my bike and ill probly put a yoshi on that as i plan to get the tb head for it....funds and time dictate that my bike has to wait tho which sorta sucks as id just upgraded the front shocks but o well will be a ripper when i do get the chance to get her going

Its gonna look awesome bro. I like the white seat also. The boy will love the gpx (you are running the gpx?) Good on the boys for getting down and dirty mate.

Its gonna look awesome bro. I like the white seat also. The boy will love the gpx (you are running the gpx?) Good on the boys for getting down and dirty mate.

the gpx is out of my bike ill be installing the 160 i bought from kosta the boys have enjoyed the tear down, given up on the sanding (much to my relief, was really hard tryin to juggle 2 kids round a small frame) and eagerly awaiting the postman cant wait to see him crack the throttle on it will light his face up i reckon

i bet mate! once someone gets a taste of fun they just want more! so a 160 with tb head? with a yoshi! this builds shaping up nicely, cant wait to see the end result dude!

Nice one mate, that's one lucky little fella.
Ill be watching this one for sure top job.

now ive discovered the forks need rebuilding GREAT

what forks are they? if there traditional conventionals, there not really worth the time taken to do a rebuild. if i were you i would consider a set of GPX black labels, there one of the best avilable and are fully adjustable.

cheers for the link ive actually got a set of those on my bike but the ones i need for my sons are the shorter ones and seem quite solid so ill probably just get some stiffer springs and redo the seals. Never done any of this so will be a learning experiance but hey thats what its all about so bring it on :rockon:

what forks are they? if there traditional conventionals, there not really worth the time taken to do a rebuild. if i were you i would consider a set of GPX black labels, there one of the best avilable and are fully adjustable.

if ya check out the pic of the front end of the bike on page? 2 you will b able 2 see em. they are ddr brand whatever that means never heard of them but they seem quite solid compared to the chinas i took off my dhz.
if any one has any info on wether ddr were any good or not would love to hear it

i have not of "ddr" anywhere. although it probably uses the same parts as alot of known branded bikes such as atomik, etc. so maybe if you searched around for some atomik usd's (like im doing) u may find some :)

that sucks dude. are you gonna do the whole rebuild? remember you'll probably have to do fork seals, and it'd be a miracle if you found the ones for those forks!
imo you should get some gpx black labels. there fing expensive, but there worth it! plus you can get seals for them, etc. and the fully adjustable :)

yeah i no mate ive been searching flat out for seals to no avail dunno what to do. see how funds look as i get everything else and we shall see about the gpx's

these forks have a dif triple clamp to they are 45mm top and bottom plus the headstem still runs old school bike style bearings not the tapered bearings. dunno whats involved to make it run the tapered ones.

well i would imagine with the tapered or needle roller bearings (same thing) all you'd need is different cups for your headstem. and gpx's come with triples and front brake kit :)

so i could just smash the cups that r in there out and press the new ones in? see how funds go that may be a good option then. i thought i may have had to cut the kneck off and weld a new on in

you dont have to use a press to get em in, just a block of wood and a hammer. the hardest thing to do would be findintg a set to fit your ID for ya frame. i have a set from a crf frame, same as yours, i'll measure em up for ya when i can :)

Latest posts

Back