My chain is eating my swingarm!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
Ever since ive had my bike ive had troubles with my chain rubbing on the top side of the swingarm up near the front sprocket. It started by just making a mess of the crappy weak rubber swingarm protector. I then made the problem worse by gettin a smaller rear sprocket which has created more of an angle between the two sprockets, and now my chain has just starting to eat the shit out of my swingarm. What should i do??? if i put some chopping board shit on there it will just increase the angle even more and create much more friction, but i have no idea how strong this shit is sooo.....
Is it possible to get smaller rear shock, im saying this because if i get a smaller/shorter shock it will decrease the angle of the swingarm.
any help would be appreciated!
cheers, Michael:)

i had the same problem though i just tensioned the shit out of my chain but yeh it was eating up my swingarm and my chain slider

go back to the 37 rear and fit a 17 front plus you should use teflon for the swingarm plus run the double ball bearing tension adjust unit.

Ive got a 37 tooth rear sprocket on now but im not sure about the front..pretty sure its 16. i also still ahve the chain guide/roller on the bottom still (the one on the bottom of the swingarm near the front sprocket)

1. Take of the swingarm
2. Buy a peice of nylon or REALLY strong plastic
3. bend it around the swingarm end
4. self tapping screw it in
5. put swingarm back on
6. thrash the sh!t out of it

Problem solved for about $10 bucks

it worked on my avenger

Had some prob.. bigger pw80 front sprocket solved it for me ( had 37 tooth rear ) remember, ditch the shit qaulity chain it comes with, get a good one and run it 2 finger loose.. works perfect for me

just take the bottom roller off and keep your chain tight all the time, it shouldnt hit then

wot r u al chatting about, simple answer = GET A NILON CHAIN SLIDER they only cost about £3

we dont know english money heres, its a australian website..

Yeah ive just wacked a nylon chain guard there..ill c how that holds up. The gay thing is that ive just bought a new fastace rear shock and it was a bit longer than the stock shock so it has increased the angle even further!
Also i got a bit curiouse with my new shock and i accidently let the air (i think its air) out of the vavle at the top top of the shock, is this just air and can i just use a air compressor to fill her back up. there was only a tiny bit in there before.
ohh and the shock is a fastace 1000lb 33ar..i think

I thought they had a nitrogen charged resevoir but i'm not sure, if you haven't noticed muchof a change don't worry to much.

its screwed the rebound up..there isnt any now..but it doesnt bother me its good how it is now anyway :p

na it ent a rip off 3 bob in english money is like a mc donulds meal, cheep as pips n saves ur bike

Hey Mack. You wouldn't happen to have any pics of your frame mods would you? I've got a second hand frame here that's been flogged almost to death, but am gong to resurrect it, and woud like to flatten out the chain angle some.
TIA

Latest posts

Back