My DHZ 160 Lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your getting false neutrals then you have gearbox issues...

i personally have never had a drama...

akunar springs are good value.. worthy upgrade...
removes the valve float but doesnt make any more power as by the time the valves float your already out of power..

Where you getting that from? Do you have a link if its online?
I have not come accross a 160 lifan as yet

Im sure you can get them in a 160 but I have not ridden 1.
Nah Im not sure how the 150 goes. How much you getting it for?

I was getting the so called false neutrals also, but it was rider fault(lazy foot syndrome) which comes back to setup, i dropped my gear lever 2 teeth and solved the problem(2 years ago) i have probably had 1 or 2 instances since i fixed this and was rider error again, i love the limiter and honestly not a ride goes by that it doesnt hit the limiter and ive had the 155z for 3 years now and hasnt hurt the engine yet(original valves and springs also-changing next week but), very regular oil changes and simple maintenance after rides help a lot. Stick witha 150 or 160 YX mate if you have the coin.

Last edited:
isnt the 160HO a glorified 155z zonger?

Yes I guess you can say that rotn. It has an oil filter. Different ratio gearbox and it has a few more cc.

McKenna. Marshalls at glendale have the 160ho for $600.
Ming'n at Edgy will have them too but a touch dearer at a guess.

Yes I guess you can say that rotn. It has an oil filter. Different ratio gearbox and it has a few more cc.

Cheers DHZ, we get the 155 from china and they are coming with the seperate oil filter and clutch cover, there even coming with 6-plate clutches, im interested in finding out if they are the 160HO motors with the 160 ground back and 155z engraved as we deliberatly ask for 155s, interesting, whats your thoughts, sorry mckenna if it seems like ive railroaded your thread buddy, not my intentions.

What brand is this 160ho?
And does Marshall sell lifans?

i checked marshalls ebay site and are only selling the 160HO, not sure about store stock as im in townsville, the 160HO and 155z donks are ZONGSHEN.

I had 2 identical engines. Both 160ho. 1 had 155z stamped on the barrel the other had 160 but they were both 160 ho.

hey bois just wondering since iv had my bike ive never been able to get the choke to work its stays in the same position weather im starting it for a warm up or riding it iv had it tuned at the mechanic is the choke ment to be up or down to start and while riding

Latest posts

Back