My DHZ 160 Lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its actually a zongshen z155 and yes you can

Oko 26mm flatside carb

V2 race head

are probably two main things ppl do to them

i cant find the thread about it, but has anyone solved that horrible noise on the 155z motors when you hit the limiter?

when its WOT does it just die and then pick up again or does it rev off its titts and go no where then engage again...

Yeah that was my thread about the horrible noise when you hit rev limiter. It's not actually the rev limiter though, it's called valve float and is quite bad for your engine.

Unfortunately the only responses I got were "There's no need to rev the engine so high" which I am well aware of but as you'd know it's very easy to accidentally rev out these engines especially when you get a false neutral like you mentioned, miss a gear, riding in wet conditions etc.. These particular engines are extremely prone to valve float and there's tons of guys on planetminis having the same issue.

The best thing you can do is to get stronger valve springs and titanium retainers but everyone I spoke to wasn't sure if they had anything that would fit. Akunar said they had some springs that were 10% stiffer but I never bothered going down that path. Your other option is upgrading to a V2 head, but that was too expensive for me so I didn't bother.

Hope that info helps!

V2 head and problem solved.

They ain't that expensive. And the boost in performance is nuts.

Yeah that was my thread about the horrible noise when you hit rev limiter. It's not actually the rev limiter though, it's called valve float and is quite bad for your engine.

Unfortunately the only responses I got were "There's no need to rev the engine so high" which I am well aware of but as you'd know it's very easy to accidentally rev out these engines especially when you get a false neutral like you mentioned, miss a gear, riding in wet conditions etc.. These particular engines are extremely prone to valve float and there's tons of guys on planetminis having the same issue.

The best thing you can do is to get stronger valve springs and titanium retainers but everyone I spoke to wasn't sure if they had anything that would fit. Akunar said they had some springs that were 10% stiffer but I never bothered going down that path. Your other option is upgrading to a V2 head, but that was too expensive for me so I didn't bother.

Hope that info helps!

thank you!

Latest posts

Back