My latest exercise in insanity

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custom

Reaction score
I was cruising around the shed the other day doing a clean up and rearrange to make room for Stacys (crazeemomma) new bike when i looked down and saw my pocket rocket sitting on a pile of tyres gathering dust
30-07-08_1740.jpg

So i shifted it to move the tyres and layed out all the parts i could find for it
30-07-08_1741.jpg

Needless to say it was a sad sight:(
As ive gone to put her up on the shelf i turned around and spoted my pile of pitty engine spares
30-07-08_1742.jpg

I was struck by inspiration
IT WAS ON!!

That bike has been sitting around for months waiting for me to get my arse into gear and buy a motor for it. So now its getting a 4 stroke:D
First job was making sure i would be able to adapt a pitty sproket to the rear wheel
30-07-08_1805.jpg

Easy next up was test fitting a engine to see just how far i had to extend the frame
31-07-08_1546.jpg

140mm should do it

6hours later and a small amount of swearing this is how it sits
31-07-08_1639.jpg

Just gotta finish up the frame bracing and engine mounts, build the engine and adapt that sproket properly:p

There will be a vid of the first test ride If i get axed i wana see it:p

holy crap, its a drag pocket bike, cant wait for the finished product, hahau should see if you could do iy up supermoto
:) hahahaha

thats nuts, the only prob being is that rear sprocket, should probably find the smallest you can as you'll have no top speed (if you want it and i'm sure you want some), and skin missing from all over your left side when when the sprocket hits the ground and the bike slides out. or right side if it bites and high sides.
just an opinion from the view in the photo.

Your riding position may not be very comfrortable. You may need to rig up a linkage for the gear shift, AGB27 style. Good to see some customizing going on. I agree that with the small wheel and big sprocket you will run out of gears real fast, however if you are just going to scoot around a car park 3rd gear should giive you plenty of thrills.

i remeber seeing a pocketbike on pocket-bike-racing with 1 of those pull start 165 cc things in it he had to run a custom rear hub cos it was tearing stockers apart
i think it was likw a wheel barrow rim

hey just realised you live in kingaroy i just finished painting the big shopping centre up there! with mets cafe and that!! :)

and yer you will bust some back hubs!!

Heres the engine mounts in
8.jpg

Just a couple more frame braces to go and finish up the welds and foot peg brackets etc and its ready for paint (maybe)
Cass38a: i'm moving the pegs to the "swing arm" and running either a linkage shifter or seperate up and down levers on the handlebars. Also been thinking about redrilling a 17tooth front sprocket for the rear and running a 13 front
Ducar: i'll figure somthing out when it breaks (hopefully not mid corner)
Wogtaz: you probily seen me in there half a dozen times lol

Yes people this project is still happening, just been tied up fixing the family car for a bit.
25-08-08_1709.jpg

This is how she sits with the dummy engine fitted
25-08-08_1713.jpg

The removable frame brace

omg you rock!!! that is the coolest looking thing i have every seeen !! hope this thing works out. is the carby gonna fit? or you still fabricating the frame

is it just me or are u running the dummy engine up side down? or is it just a retarded engine lol (probs the last 1 lol) but thats coming together awsomely!
and just a suggestion 4 the shifter- there is this pushy-shifter thing that mounts to the bar, and its like a tumb throttle thing and it shifts the gears, its pretty cool, mabey u could fabricate one of those onto the pitty! holy crap- i got another idea (wow! lol) why dont u try to road rego it lol, i recon if those stupid little mopeds should be on the road why not a mad minimoto LOL

The frame is almost finished just a couple of gussets and braces to fit and the front fuel tank mount.
The carb will be mounted on a custom made manifold just above the tripple clamps.
Even in my drunkest moments i couldnt fit an engine upside down lol.
Still running shifter options through my head..the only one i have ruled out is a suicide shifter.
Rego wouldnt be an option, an intriguing idea tho:cool:

Latest posts

Back