My mini motard from the USA

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supralative

Reaction score
Found you guys forum down under and looks nice.
Saw a mini motard forum so why not post up.

Here is my Piranha P160R Motard.

Stock when picked up.

5kqbgp.jpg

First change was a simple graphics scheme change. This is the current set up, but will switch up to a custom made set up mid to end of next year probably. Went ahead and did the supermoto trim on the front fender as well.

257f97d.jpg

2wem3gl.jpg

287ewp5.jpg

rvype0.jpg

2dvvsdh.jpg

j5a0sx.jpg

I used to roadrace abit back in the days a long time ago. I liked the lower clip up on style position so I switched out the 7/8 bars to 1 1/8 bars with a different twist. I had to get over size clamp adaptors to switch over first. Once I figured out the height change with the over size clamps I picked the correct bar height to get the positioning low enough. In the future if I can find some suitable bar clamps that directly can bolt up to my top triple clamp I will run them and remove over size clamp adaptors. I flipped the bar upside down and left to right to get the positioning low enough. Kind of odd looking but the positioning suits me way better than the upright motard style. I prefer knee down as compared to leg out racing as well.

53pmkp.jpg

smdie1.jpg

ka20bl.jpg

30bcw1l.jpg

Next on the list was the 12in motard wheels.
Well I got them on.
Had to cut two spacers to center up the rear wheel.
Everything rides good, stops good, no issues so far.
I will need to lower the front abit to get the height I like and probably help turn in abit.

112bkig.jpg

4vrbj9.jpg

2s0bpdh.jpg

10nask0.jpg

w8565f.jpg

o7ohg0.jpg

8ye5jn.jpg

fd99xx.jpg

28uu5bq.jpg

And one more of one of my favorite riders.

f2q3ax.jpg

Ran that set up for abit then this season ended.
Here is the new set up for next season. I am going to try these clip ons and also the upward motard style bars. Just got the 1 1/8 risers to try them out.

Well finally all back together!!!

maapf9.jpg

Here the new white powdercoated DHZ Mobster Wheels

15hjec.jpg

2q1ubs3.jpg

Here is the new white plastics and graphics setup

34ipjxe.jpg

js10t2.jpg

jp98hg.jpg

157hzk9.jpg

great build, im another fan of the white rims was actually going to buy a set of the dhz rims and powder them white now I know what they look like I want to even more, what size rims and tyres did you use? eg the 2.15/2.50 or the 2.50/3.00 combo, the clip-ons really suit it too

Went with the 2.15 and 2.5 set up
the 2.5 is too wide for the width of the triple clamps
I would have like the 3.0 for the rear

I had my factory Piranha 7/8 risers machined out by a good friend to accept 1 1/8 bars and put the motard set up as well.
Havent raced it this way but will see.
The current Mini High Bend is too much so gonna go with Woods Low or Carmichael bend soon.

29w8i83.jpg

2namq1h.jpg

1ovrc5.jpg

What a wicked build!! Very nice. White rims are pimp.

The new bars look a lot better than the upside down fat bars. haha

I think the lowest bend fatbar is the woods like you said.

If you want them lower then don't go the fat bars. Don't really need them for motard but I reckon they look better.

What other Pirhana gear you running?

Yea I just dont like the way 7/8 bars look.
Something about that crossbar pad hahahaa.

The bike is basically stock nothing performance wise had been added.
I am looking to purchase a Pro Circuit muffler and custom fab up the rest to the header pipe.
Down the road possibly go with the 184cc kit in it cam and some headwork.
Could you tell a REAL difference with you 184cc kits and headwork?

More than likely will just leave the motard set up on because.....it got a new roomate.

210n61f.jpg

2d6l8ip.jpg

2r79em8.jpg

Tb head and piston really opens these engines up, I could hang with a 150r on my psto, and I actually have a higher top speed than the 150r. From what I have read the 184 kit makes the same power as the stock bore just 3000rpm lower in the rev range.. I freaking love the white rims to ;)

Man you won't know your bike with a 184 kit, TB head and taky cam.

It makes a world of difference. I couldn't go back to a stock 160. haha

Daytona 190 Anima. Thats where its at.

Not into Motards very much but this conversion OMG! great job! The white wheels is on point! :)

Thanks for the compliments guys!!!
I can swing the 184cc kit first....gonna have to save up some for the head and cam set up.
Will I like just the 184cc kit alone or did you guys do both at the same time?

Im still on the stock bore, with tb head, s35 cam and the tb hi comp 60mm piston. Id go the tb head before the bbk tbh, the way it revs is addictive. The tb v2 head has much bigger valves, and roller rockers, and a stock bore full tb engine makes very similar power to the 184s just a lot higher in the rpm, and with less torque to back that power up.

+ 1.

Definitely go the head first. Will notice a tonne of difference just with that.

Welllllllllllllllllll
been awhile
updates are.....
engine let go at 1st round this season
didnt like over rev going into the corners hehehee
my luck engines went out of stock as well

got one ordered and it finally arrived about a month ago
put it in this past weekend and started breaking
its good to be riding again
season is basically over though so thats a bummer

but

plan is now to make it street legal as well
ordering my parts here and there to get all the street legal items needed here in the states
will update once all is done

Long while for updates but here it is
Not the best pics but had a custom bike builder here in Oklahoma weld some plates for the speedometer and stamp out some plates for the rear light

Hopefully wire it up this weekend
Shouldnt be too long before I can be out buzzing around town legally wahooooooo

suv7z5.jpg

2im4ykz.jpg

2q8uej4.jpg

bikes turned out great! how did you find the clip on's compared to the normal bars? i noticed you switched back?

For racing the the mini with no available rearset set up the dirt bars are better
If we could do some type of rear set to bring them back and higher then yes the clip ons would be nice

Here are some final better updated pics of full street legal
I got a set of tri spoke Workz wheels coming for my race tires
Got them powderoated in red and slicks will be going on them

4twpps.jpg

2vw8tmr.jpg

24gt9ut.jpg

wb2b87.jpg

w802n4.jpg

2nvh2tu.jpg

2nbdclh.jpg

ayanmb.jpg

j5yplx.jpg

2hxr1vl.jpg

Thanks for the likes everyone

Race wheel set up is done and ready for next round of racing

op4a4o.jpg

14oal9v.jpg

Thanks mang!!!!!!!

I got my new RK 420 red chain new 18T counter waiting for 32T rear and its ready for some more top end

Latest posts

Back