my motovert 125s bmx and scooter build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motovert24

Reaction score
im getting bored so im going to rebulid my motovert, scooter and mongoose michief bmx bike
bikes132.jpg

i got this bike secondhand its needed new wheel berings, rear tyre,4 tubes and needs a new front one, brake pads.
the mongoose is heavyer then this bike VVVVVV
bikes134.jpg

and tyres and new brakes and more
what can i do to make it lighter
will cutting some of the seats pole thing help

this is my razor a3 scooter
it has black grip tape on it now
bikes094-1.jpg

im going to put new wheels and some other stuff
i only use this to use in the back yard and with my friends at schools when there is no teachers around.

the motovert 125s

bikes149.jpg

bikes155.jpg

the bike doesn't move at all in gear so it needs a massie engine rebuild (i think a new engine will be best but dad said im not getting another engine)
fork rebuild and does anyone know what these forks use grease or oil:confused: because dom at city motorbikes didn't fix them because they didn't have seals or know what they use grease or oil and they bottomout because they have no oil or grease left
the new front wheel put back on with a rim lock and a stronger tube.
mabye a new rear tyre because it almost bald (innova)
custom sticker kit and #plates with white plastics
new comfy seat no more sore butt

Last edited:
hate to be a hater but whats the point of the thread?

you want to get your brass lighter? buy a norco bigfoot.

what are you doing to your scooter? get some yak red wheels, swiss bearings, clear grip tape with stickers underneath, cop half the t bar (lighter)..

sell the mongoose for 50 bucks at the most..

buy a pisterpro and part out the motovert..

all questions answered :D

hate to be a hater but whats the point of the thread?

you want to get your brass lighter? buy a norco bigfoot.

what are you doing to your scooter? get some yak red wheels, swiss bearings, clear grip tape with stickers underneath, cop half the t bar (lighter)..

sell the mongoose for 50 bucks at the most..

buy a pisterpro and part out the motovert..

all questions answered :D

THis is all true, Tell ya dad to sell all these things "pictured above" & get you a Sweet Minibike for Xmas so you can beat coolie at next ride day

lol... this thread...

don't spend any more money on the vert, If you're not allowed a new engine then sell the bloody thing.

how you put 4 tubes on one bike?

motovert24, I just picked up my bike today after skool (went from 9am to 10am) and I got new front rim, tyre (holy roller) and tube.. but also got a new seat and seat pole.. Im going to chop mine, I will tell you if I notice a difference.. k

ok, after 5 seconds of mesuring, and 3 hax saw blades later I just cut my seat pole..

waste of time.. Only reason I really did it, was because it was too long.

I cut more than half of mine off and they weight i saved was less than a few stickers..

so I personally wouldn't worry about it.. If you want to see how much I cut off post up and I will upload the pics..

a friend at school said change the tyres to a brand that i can't remeber
and to take off the whole front brake should that work

that doesnt make any weight difference you can really feel, the heavy part of the bike is surprisingly the frame, unless you find a lighter frame for this bike or buy a new bike it wont be any lighter

F***!!!! I just looked at my receipt and my seat cost 45 bucks! no wonder it was light.. haha..

How much you pay for your brass?? Saw one at the bike shop brand new for 799..

and front brakes won't make a difference..

but get some REALLY good forks and that will help a little, don't get rock shock DARTS cause those are really heavy..

only thing tyres will do is help with grip and rolling resistance..

I got holy rollers on my bmx and hardtail, they have great rolling resistance and are still good for dirt..

man there isnt much you can do with a goose to make them light your frame and rims would way a ton.

But if your thinking of keeping it i would put a good set of 36 spoke rims with a new rim you could get smaller gearing like 25-9 which would be a fair bit lighter.

For your seat post your better off ditching the post and seat and buying a good pivital combo that would save a fair bit of weight and for tyres animal glh-r folding tyres would be good bet there kevlar bead and weigh like nothing so you would save heaps on rotational weight.

wats the point of making it lighter it wont make u go higher off the jumps im sick of bmx riders like u sayen there 10 kg bikes are to heavy

I have been talking about the brass the whole time.. haha..

the mongoose is a lost cause....

the goose is definately a lost cause it would be more like 16kg man.

For your pedals chuck on a set of good plastics there only bout 25-30 bucks last a while and way better on the shins haha

get bare trapz, no foot slips then! haha..

brah, just ride your bikes as is.. (cept the motovert) Trying to have 50 bikes going at once is a hard job..

that that looks like a beast of an engine, good choice
I wonder how it goes against a yx 140
looks like it has a crap ork on it tho, you should get a decent carby to go with it, if you do get an oko 24mm flatslide, then you bike will rip shreds lol

Latest posts

Back