My new 2010 GPX125 race engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 155z hopeless! if i gota change another clutch basket on one ill tell ya! but if u got jailing oil drive gears and the gear behind the clutch basket you can get a lifan or jailing clutch on, a lot cheaper fix

**** you go through some motors! must ride like shit seriosly

first time I have ever agreed with you. haha

im ****ing over your shit

the old one got a smashed case (UNRELPLACERBLE)
this one just **** itself because some ****head didn't fix the gear that got chiped then when to the track and the whole gear box blew up

Last edited:
the 155z hopeless! if i gota change another clutch basket on one ill tell ya! but if u got jailing oil drive gears and the gear behind the clutch basket you can get a lifan or jailing clutch on, a lot cheaper fix

why dont you get a billet clutch its only 300 cant be much for you considering you spent a motza getting your daytona then a DOHC kit for so a measly 300

i dont used them, i like my motors not to fail.
We do thats for customers , they dont want to pay $300 plus fitting on a motor that cost $669 in the first place

i dont used them, i like my motors not to fail.
We do thats for customers , they dont want to pay $300 plus fitting on a motor that cost $669 in the first place

it doesnt take a genius to work out how to fit it and seeing as they come with instructions

and what do you mean you dont want your motors not to fail?? wouldnt one of those billet clutchs make things last a bit longer?? seeing as you kept saying you need to replace the clutch basket so often??

and exactly how do you ride your bikes?? you must be pinging them farkin hard

why do we keep hearing about all these problems ... but everyones Z on here are going strong lol

why do we keep hearing about all these problems ... but everyones Z on here are going strong lol

yer its either they dont know how to do regular maintenance or they just flog the crap out of them clutch every corner

but yes mine is going strong and so is yours and you have a ported v2head on it

we dont keep replacing the same ones, we replace the failed stock ones, once we do the fix they are good. well the clutch is good

And as rider456 said they customers

Do the maths now, $669 for the motor, $300 for the clutch then the time and gasket to fit it. lets say that $1000 maybe a little more. you can get a new Daytona 150 for 1200, that will roost the 155z

They have good batches of rubbers and poor lots

Last edited:
From what I've been told I had it as hard as I could go I never had it pinned in 1 gear tho and always changed the oil and checked everything before every ride. Don't worry this one isn't going to fx racing or city motorbikes

mv24, what didnt fit with the engine... this has me baffled unless your uncle has fitted it and bolted the top and rear bolt up before putting the cradle bolts in (providing it has a cradle)

or is it the top casing near the crank case breather that is hitting the frame (which shouldnt) but looking at the pics it has the same casting as your old engine...
hmmm me thinks someone had 1 too many beers :)

also as for 155z's flogging clutches.. its not only the 155z's doing this... iv replaced heaps of clutches due to the dampening rubbers in the basket shtting them selfs.. and this being in pretty much all start in any gear engines..

mv24, what didnt fit with the engine... this has me baffled unless your uncle has fitted it and bolted the top and rear bolt up before putting the cradle bolts in (providing it has a cradle)

or is it the top casing near the crank case breather that is hitting the frame (which shouldnt) but looking at the pics it has the same casting as your old engine...
hmmm me thinks someone had 1 too many beers :)

also as for 155z's flogging clutches.. its not only the 155z's doing this... iv replaced heaps of clutches due to the dampening rubbers in the basket shtting them selfs.. and this being in pretty much all start in any gear engines..

nah i think it was the beers he was swearing abit
i said the peg mount looks backtofront it was lol:rolleyes:
his new to the pitbikes his used to the jap motocrossers and harleys
it got dark very quickly so we found that out to late

you can get a new Daytona 150 for 1200, that will roost the 155zQUOTE]

mate your a joker

my mate smoked one on a start of a race...

i then smoked it on my dhz lifan150 with a oko carb

they arent worth the $$$ no way if i spent the differece between my engine and your daytona it wuld smash it even harder

Last edited:
yep and remember bolt the cradle in first then the top mounts, and a good tip is to put rolled up beer cans around the engine mounts for a tight fit

well im happy anyway that they have finerly start on my bike is stead of the other stuff
all thats left is getting the carby fixed (doesn't have the right manfold)
new rear tyre and grips
anyone know good grips that should stop the blisters on my hands

anyone know good grips that should stop the blisters on my hands

yerp good gloves ;)

but nar a worn set of mounto oury grips are the best things out but there thick grips so if you have small hands wont work too well

thers another bran of grip that make similar grips to protaper pillowtops that are more suited for small handed people

yerp good gloves ;)

but nar a worn set of mounto oury grips are the best things out but there thick grips so if you have small hands wont work too well

thers another bran of grip that make similar grips to protaper pillowtops that are more suited for small handed people

i have the fox dirtpaw i think with the extra pillowing on the parm part
i'll try and find the protapers

dirtpaws arent very good, i'd say deathgrips but u'll find them too fat

some more pics
mybestwheels056.jpg

doesn't fit
mybestwheels053.jpg

mybestwheels052.jpg

mybestwheels054.jpg

mybestwheels049.jpg

mybestwheels048.jpg

^^^^^you can pick it up with one hand