My New Bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRFHughes

Reaction score
i just bought my First ever Motorbike...

i got the Pitpro 125RR, and already im in love with it, although i broke the Stator, because the chain came off and wrapped up inside the half case, and snapped it off, so, i ordered a new one today,

i'll get some photos up soon.

Yeah its a *****. My mate rode mine i told him not to flog it come around corner and bang...youll also need a flywheel remover tool:

DHZ Mini Moto

$25 buks its more on ebay i think :)

yeah i know, i was being silly, as you do on new toys.

its used, but only had 3 hours, was brand new, only just ran it in.

yeah i have the flywheel puller. its all good :) just ordered the new parts. it also smashed up the casing, so i got a new one of those too.

Yeah atleast it didnt eat up the threads for the flywheel cover to screw into :p

if i just bought a new bike and the stator broke, i wouldnt be in love with it.
how much did you buy it for?

if i just bought a new bike and the stator broke, i wouldnt be in love with it.
how much did you buy it for?
if i bort a bike, loved it then rooted the stator out of own mistake i would b!tch slap my self not stop loveing the bike:p
im still not sure, was the chain too loose, break or what?

It didnt snap it came off which means most likley that it was to loose. Mine absolutly shreded my flywheel cover, snapped my pick up sensor, and ruined one of the threads (the top bolt) so i have found a long screw same thred and it worked but doesnt look to crash hot ;) haha

hmm ok diddnt see that haha,
muzza24, his chain snaped (rk i think from local shop) and it musta been a dud chain coz it actuly snapped then winded around the sprocket in a nice lil circle:) focking the stator and all the shit that goes with it haha. very comon problem.

with an rk? :S hmm mine was a shitty chinese rollor door chain. LMAO! and wraped around to. so i got an rk no problem now :)

He probably had the chain too tight ...

As the swingarm moves thru its arc there's a point where the chain gets tighter ... so it can stretch or snap if it's over tightened at the loose point ...

The best way to work out how tight you can have it is to get the bike up on a stand with the rear shock unbolted and check to see where the tightening and loosening occurs in the swing range ...

It'd be best to tension it so there's slight play at the tightest point ... then let the chain tensioner do it's job everywhere else ...

The tightest point should be when the countershaft , swingarm pivot and axle centrelines are lined up in a straight line ... but the chain could also get tighter at full shock compression if it hits the underside of the swingarm ...

Buy a DID chain ... It's possible that the "RK" chain might have been a cheapie in an RK box ... I don't trust pretty gold or other fancy coloured chains ...

Always check the links to ensure that each one has the brand name stamped on it ... and only use the brand name link that's supplied with a Jap chain ... You know what they say about a chain only being as strong as it's weakest link ...

Stock China chains should be tossed into the bin asap ... I wouldn't even run one ...

i got it for 700.

the chain didnt snap. it just came off, we were going for a big ride, for about 5 hours, didnt check the chain.. therefore it stretched and came off, wrapped around the sprocket, and F**ked the stator as well as the half casing. oh well. its all part of learning guys, i dont mind.

Great attitude CRF .... we all f#ck up brother but not everyone owns or accepts it so have a rep point from me :cool:

You seem to know ya way around a toolbox so I reckon you'll sort it pretty quick and doubt it will happen again .... just remember these things need to be checked regularly or they simply vibrate to pieces .:D

Great attitude CRF .... we all f#ck up brother but not everyone owns or accepts it so have a rep point from me :cool:

You seem to know ya way around a toolbox so I reckon you'll sort it pretty quick and doubt it will happen again .... just remember these things need to be checked regularly or they simply vibrate to pieces .:D

haha yes this is soo true:)
first thing i did to py pitty was not check the sprocket bolts, rattle loose then hit the swinga, making a grove in the swinga and smashing 2 of the threads on the hub off.
lernt that lesson:D bahaha

you should adjust your chain with the rider sitting on the bike.

too tight of chain can kill yr engine as the tension stress's the counter shaft and causes it to flex.
and well we all no what a loose chain does...
iv actually seen a chain come off and wrap around a dudes foot, lucky he had boots on..

you should adjust your chain with the rider sitting on the bike.

too tight of chain can kill yr engine as the tension stress's the counter shaft and causes it to flex.
and well we all no what a loose chain does...
iv actually seen a chain come off and wrap around a dudes foot, lucky he had boots on..

holy shit that would hurt, at high revs? like rip the bot or do any damage to his foot?

Latest posts

Back