My son's new / used bike, a 2007 KTM50 SX Pro Senior LC copy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
I picked up another used bike the friday before last.
It's a 2007 KTM 50 SX Pro Senior LC copy made in china
Bike look's like it's hardly been used, and build quality look's fairly good too.
The rear tyre only has about 5% wear, if that, it's got a few chip's and scratch's on the frame and plastic's etc as you'd expect.
Engine started nice and revved out ok, it did put out a bit too much smoke out the exhaust though, and dripped spooge from where the expansion chamber meet's the barrel, and from the join at the bottom section of the silencer
The old owner said it was running 32/1 but i'm guessing it was more like 25/1.
Thought this might be a good bike for Cj to ride and learn on as it has a bit more power than the PW and it's taller too, and give's me a bit more time to suss out the CRF50 pit bike too.

Here it is after a quick wash.

After going over the bike i found a few thing's that needed attention.
The fuel cap was cracked, fuel tank was leaking, carby flooded a couple of time's, there was a little movement in the fork bearing's
Chain was dry, had a couple of tight link's and was stretched, both brake's needed bleeding, foot peg spring's needed tightening, kick stand bracket need's to be braced to stop it bending outward's, rear brake pedal was twisted and a couple of missing bolt's etc

First thing was to check out the carby, i took it of and found a couple of problem's.
The rubber/urethane manifold had some fine crack's in it, the mixture screw had been over tightened and cracked the casting of the carby body, and when i took the fuel bowl off i found that the main jet had been over tightened and cracked off the bottom 3mm of the main jet tower.
I did a search on ebay for a replacement carby and found an upgrade carby,
another china made one, but it has a 19mm round bore instead of the original carby having a 11mm x 15mm oval bore
The new carb also came with a new manifold, gasket, and throttle cable and cost me $44 inc express post.
This style carby is also used on the US Cobra 50cc race bike's.
Another difference between the old and new carby is the original had a cable operated choke, it ran up to the left grip and had like a throttle control to turn it off and on, the new carby has a lift and turn knob on it, then you just turn it and it spring's back down to turn the choke off
KTM50 Performance 19mm Carburetor Adventure Junior Senior JR SR SX PRO LC 01 10 | eBay

The new throttle cable had to be adapted to suit the china throttle, i just used a mountain bike brake cable adjuster to get it to work
Manifold was a straight swap and carby was an easy change over.

Old carby

New carby

I called into the bike shop and picked up some new part's, chain, silencer packing, a rear tyre, and some grips

Took the silencer off and my hand's were covered in oily spooge, pulled the silencer apart and cleaned out the spooge dripping packing, degreased the pipe and outer and repacked it

Fitted the new ODI / TLD grip's and got rid of the hard plastic one's, and you can see the choke control sitting infront of the bar's ready to come off

I was looking at the split fuel cap and saw it had a slightly smaller thread than a normal pit bike,
i remembered i had bought a new cnc/alloy cap from china a couple of year's ago for my fuse but it didn't fit.
After a quick search i found it in the shed and put it on, it' fit's the KTM style tank perfectly sol i don't need to worry about finding a new one.

I took the front fork's off, tightened the bearing tensioner nut,
and then drained the old oil out of the fork's and refilled them with 75ml's of Castrol 10Weight fork oil, to help soften them a bit
The rear shock was also a bit too hard so i backed of the preload adjuster nut's 2 full turn's and apparently it's a lot more comfortable for Cj now.

Last edited:
Nah i had seen it the week before so knew where it was, lol

Leaky tank outlet, look's like it's been done up to tight and stripped the threads off it.

New carby fitted, including new hose and a filter.
New fuel barb fitted to tank, (genuine Honda, ex 6.5hp Honda generator)
I have ordered a new pit bike fuel tap
And i found another leak at the bottom bolt for the tank shroud plastic's, the bolt's go right through into the tank ?
Might need some thread sealer on them yet, can see where the fuel has leaked and dripped onto the waterpump to barrel hose

Carby body cracked and broken away under the mixture screw on original carby, and main jet tower broken

Old manifold and the diagonal split to the left in the centre next to where the clamp goes
And split fuel cap

New 12.9 bolt's for the bar clamp's, and top and bottom of the tripple's
The original tripple bolt clamp's holding the fork tube's in were only holding there by 5mm of thread, the new bolt's now have 12mm-15mm of thread in there.

Cj did about 10 lap's of our backyard on it yesterday,
but our backyard is way too small, can't get it on the pipe to tune the main jetting yet.

And that's about it for now, waiting for another couple of item's to arrive - ex ebay.

Last edited:
I think ive got a spare crank for one of these, yours if you want to cover the postage! ive had one before and just commented on the facebook post about it.. pm me there if u want the crank!

Here's a quick start up video for you

[video=youtube;0NlnEdKdtYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlnEdKdtYg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

l like the the quick release saddle. Very European .. Other china's should take note.

What is the nut to the right of kick start at 2 o clock . Oil filler cap or a clutch adjuster ??

Looks cool

Thank's
Yeah i'm not sure why you need quick access to the air filter though.
That bolt in front of the kick start is just the oil filler bolt.
Clutch adjustment is all internal, it has a cetrifugal clutch, you adjust then by shimming them
The KTM50 has spring's there, and the Pro senior has a spring shim stack and doesn't fully engage until 9500 rpm

KTM%2050%20Clutch%20Manual%20Diagram.gif

clutch-spring-washer-kit.jpg

I added a couple of Minirider's sticker's to it this morning, one on the front numberplate and one to the top each of the tank shroud's.
I also swapped the other Dunlop MX52 rear tyre for a front MX52, so now i need to swap the front tyre to the rear and fit the new skinny front tyre on

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back