My SR20DET Engine Conversion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabomb

Reaction score
so i bought a halfcut off ebay for $1125

After a few hours, a cut and removed radiator support and cut tailshaft we removed the engine and the mother of a 4wd gearbox...

few arvos and im into cleaning the donk
1-17.jpg

the next day i remove the rocker cover to find a unpleasant surprise.

sludge.jpg

(my mechanic) rang the mob i bought it off and insisted they know how much of a concern this motor was.
I show them the photos.
they give me a option of a full refund or pay 400 for another half cut that has been fully tested with warranty, either option i choose, i keep the motor i have atm.

i paid the 400 and got my halfcut.
1-19.jpg

the motor just before it goes in

conversion6.jpg

continues bellow

nice i thought you were going to go the GTI-R front cut? yeah looks good i want to convert my 94 lancer 1.5l SOHC carby 4G15 to a 4G93 mivec 1.6l DOHC for 1300 but not sure yet :S

was going to do the gtir but that engine requires more mods to put in and costs more.
yeah 4G93s go hard, my mate had one converted in his proton, there a 1.8 high comp arnt they?
its a sexcel behind my car.

Last edited:
na they are 1.6L put out about 140kw stock and that wouldnt be bad in a 600-700kg car :-D power to weight ratio will be good haha

Haha looks the goods. Nice pile of zip ties on the ground... Did you give up tryin to work out where all those bolts go and just zip tie it in lol. Nah you got it right aaron 4g93 is the 1.6L DOHC turbo 140ish kilowatts... and the 4g92 is the 1.8L...

Have you got it running yet?

Ill give ya ago when K rudd pays up for my intercooler. RB30 N/A running high comp, stock VLT injectors, stock Garret T3, Stock VLT computer. Give me a month or two. Just need to re rego it and get a frount mount for it.

Haha looks the goods. Nice pile of zip ties on the ground... Did you give up tryin to work out where all those bolts go and just zip tie it in lol. Nah you got it right aaron 4g93 is the 1.6L DOHC turbo 140ish kilowatts... and the 4g92 is the 1.8L...

Have you got it running yet?

You have got it all Wrong!

the 4G93 is a 1.8L and makes 96kw or 103kw or 86kw depending on the variant of engine model.
the 4G92 is a 1.6L and makes 69kw or 128kw depending on the variant of engine model.

the 4G93T is what aarons talking bout and makes 141kw.

check Wikipedia.

yeah it runs, getting the FMIC made up atm.

Last edited:
Was gonna give the thumbs up but didnt know who you were untill ya rode past and seen ya plates lol. Got mine regod and started today. So snappy compared to my old Lifan 140. Im loving it. I go for my L's tomorrow.

I have a sr20 out of a s14 silvia in my suzuki sierra, spins em till 3rd and awsome fun

Latest posts

Back