Need assistance identifying something on 125cc pit bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukey359

Reaction score
Hi there
If anyone could please help me out by looking at the picture in this link and explaining whether the choke on this bike is on or off (as indicated by the position of the pin in the choke)
As you can see in this link, the choke pin is currently in the 3rd slot (the highest possible slot if you are going in the direction north east) in the picture.
Does this picture indicate that the choke is currently on or off
Thank you very much for your time.

agb21i_d4_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its impossible to tell for me wiyh out seeing the bike in person i havent seen that set up before and just curious why u want to know?????????
cheers joel

sorry i should have explained myself better
That is the exact setup that my bike uses (btw i live in sydney and got it from ebay)

The reason i ask is because the bike (125cc pit bike with LIFAN engine) will not idle in neutral.

I have to put the choke pin either in the middle hole or the hole in the top right hand corner to get it to idle without stalling.
I just didnt know whether or not i had the choke on or off because when the bike has the choke on the bottom pin position (it turns off automatically)

I didnt knmow if this was a choke issue, idle screw issue, or fuel/air adjustment issue??
Cheers

I'd say you have a blocked idle jet, pull the bowl off the carbie, unscrew the two brass jets, if you can't see light through them clean it out with compressed air or a wire brush strand.
Good luck
Stu

any chance that you would be able to point me in the direction of what the idle jets actually are and look like??

try the air screw first like sheepy said
when you turn it
it'll let more air in and makes the bike rev faster
dont do it fast
just enough so that it idols nicley
try it when the bikes on so you can hear the difference

Last edited:
Turn your bike on, then adjust your idle screw.. It aint rev'ing high enough in neutral to keep the bike going.

alright guys, i tried the idle screw trick and it did not work,
It only worked when the choke was on and i could hear the idle increasing

however even with it turned up heaps, when i turn the choke off, the bike automatically cuts off (stalls).

I also unscrewed a screw which lead to a mesh pipe with a wire curled around it as it thought this was the air/fuel mix screw. all that happened was that fuel started to leak quickly out of that mesh hose and down through one of the breather hoses on to the ground...so i take it that was the wrong screw??

I cant seem to find the air/fuel mix screw and i dont know enough to be able to clean out the jets in the bowel of carburettor?

If you want to look at the jets, take the carb out, undo the screws that hold the bowl on, remove the float and needle, then ( with the top cap / slide out ) look for light coming through the centre of the two brass jets. if you can't see light it's blocked. If it's like a postie carb, one will come out with a flat screwdriver, and the other is hex.
They're very simple inside, just pull it apart and check it, you'll have no prob putting it back together.
Stu

hey dude i have the same choke set up on my bike i click the choke lever all the way up towards the top of the bike to start it (full choke) as soon as the bike starts i click it down one (half choke) leave it for few seconds then click it all the way down (choke off) if i rev the bike while ever choke switch is on it just stalls

let the bike warm up first, my bike dosent idle when i first start it but when it warms up it idles good.

hey mate
I tried warming it up for about 7 minutes with choke in the middle setting
Then every time, as soon as i turn it onto choke off position, the bike stops running automatically.

I'm no carby expert, and don't claim to be right in this case, but do check your jet. I've had the same prob with many postie bikes that I've owned, and it's always been a blocked idle jet.
It's the smaller of the two that I guess your carb. has ( the one in the pic. has three )

jetholder-jet-carb.jpg

alright will do
The only problem is that everything is compacted so close to everything else in my bike

For instance half the electrical wiring is knocking on/wrapped around my air filter

And also the carby is literally pushed up against the furl tank at the top and pushed against the engine at the bottom

It must be a really bad make

So i guess i have to take the whole bike apart to get to engine?
Also i still cant seem to find the fuel/air screw?

Thanks again

Try under the carby/bowl for air/fuel mixture screw. Prick of a place I know, but other carbys have similar setups. Maybe silly suggestion:eek:

does anyone know how to get photos up on his so i can explain and show it better?

Or if anyone knows how to put them up, can i send you the photos?
Cheers

oh and btw i had a look underneath carby bowel, unfortunately nothing there

This may not help. the carby is like 15 years old and an original Keihin not a Chinese copy but.......search threads for posting pics( i use photobucket)
the bowl and float......................................
IMG0016A.jpg

the jet(holes can just be seen ) u need to check these........................
IMG0017A.jpg

jet fitting into carby(usually larger head)................................
IMG0018A.jpg

Carby in full (completly different to yours I know )
IMG0019A.jpg

Hi there
If anyone could please help me out by looking at the picture in this link and explaining whether the choke on this bike is on or off (as indicated by the position of the pin in the choke)
As you can see in this link, the choke pin is currently in the 3rd slot (the highest possible slot if you are going in the direction north east) in the picture.
Does this picture indicate that the choke is currently on or off
Thank you very much for your time.

agb21i_d4_b.jpg

in this down possition the choke should be off, usally up is choke on & down is choke off :)

Latest posts

Back