need fork headstem bearings now with specs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masso

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know where i can purchase fork bearings so that i can put them onto my bike.

headstem bearings??

some info would help, what bike you have, bearing size(if known) where ur located.. do you wnt to purchase online or thru a store?

I purchased the forks from squeeby and don't know what size i would need because i thought all head stem bearings are the same size.

I would also like to purchase online because i am from sydney.

nope sizes vary, inside diameter, outside diameter, will the forks fit your frame?! have you 'test fitted'? i need to know the ID and OD dimensions of raced crf/z50 head stem bearings so if anyone knows......

maybe take the fork legs off from the triple clamp and take them to a bearing place, this will give the ID required.. for the OD you will need to take the frame in.. or buy a vernier and measure..

Bearing Shop Or Depense On Wot Bike It Is Just Go To A 50 Shop Oror U Could Find Em On The Internet

nope sizes vary, inside diameter, outside diameter, will the forks fit your frame?! have you 'test fitted'? i need to know the ID and OD dimensions of raced crf/z50 head stem bearings so if anyone knows......

CRF50/XR75/80/100 all take 41 O/D x 22.5 I/D top and 41 O/D x 24 I/D bottom ... Some Chinese pit bikes take the same sized bearings ie CRF50 copies and early DHZ's plus some of the KLX framed Pimpits ...

Most others take 44 O/D x 22 I/D top and 44 O/D X 23.5 I/D lower ... You can buy those sized bearings from DHZ or surf_babe01 on ebay ... But maybe some of the site sponsors can help him out ?????? Bikes with CRF sized head stems usually have a shorter steering shaft and steering head ...

Apollo / Atomic bikes take weird sized bearings ... 'can't muster the cranium power to recall what they are ATM ... LOL ...

Last edited:
You Are A Freaking God Cactus!!!! May All Your Wet Dreams Come True!!!!!

You can't tell dude since they give ZERO info ... maybe if you had ESP you'd know ... :p Email 'em for the sizes ...

Measure your own head stem I/D and the fork steering pin O/D's top and bottom and give us the dimensions so we can make the call ...

That same seller used to have tapered roller bearings listed for $15 with free postage ... I told people on MR about 'em ... not too long afterwards the price went up ... :p That frame takes 44 mm O/D bearings ...

You have to watch some of 'em ... the genuine moly frames have a rough textured sand blasted type finish ... and give off a dull sound when tapped with the handle of a screw driver ... The mild steel cheapies are smooth surfaced and ring when tapped ... The difference in sound is glaringly obvious ... I know the differences from being highly experienced in engineering trades ... the average Jo Blo won't have the faintest clue ... ever ... :eek:

The bad thing is that you don't know what you're getting until it's delivered ... how do I know ? I've got 3 of 'em myself ... :p They were cheap and can be easily strengthened to hold up ... for general use ...

so these bearings would fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRIPPLE-CLAMP-BEARING-SET-4-PIT-BIKES_W0QQitemZ230314262608QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories?hash=item230314262608&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

Yes , they'll fit that frame you bought ... (44 mm I/D steering head bores) ... You need to measure the steering shaft of your triple clamps to see if it's 22 mm top and 23.5 mm bottom ...

They'll be Chinese made bearings ... You can only buy Japanese made bearings in 44 O/D x 22 I/D as far as I can recall ... GT bikes (the equivalent of Pitster) used to use 44 x 22 bearings top and bottom ... obviously to suit the Jap ones ...

Latest posts

Back