Need Help ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSR-125

Reaction score
I have a ssr 125. I have a BBR Big bore d2 pipe. I need new carb to make the bike run right. I need a carb that i can buy that i can bolt in and be done with it? What size jets work?

Will this size jets work? What do you think?

Main jet 190
Pilot Jet 22.5
Throttle valve 1.5
Air jet .5
Needle valve 2.5

Will this carb work? its a 26mm. should i go bigger small? Where can i find a air filter?

New Real MIKUNI 26MM carb VM26-606 ROUND SLIDE CARBURETOR klx 110 pit bike | eBay

Im trying to order a carb asap! help me out so i can ride my bike!

Appreciate it !!!

SSR, unfortunately for you, you aint going to be able to bolt in a carb and have it work flawlessly straight away. That is why they make them tunable. So you can tune them to suit your engine, altitude, temperature conditions etc. I would think that 190 main would way too rich for a 125. Just re-jet your current carb to suit new pipe. If you are buying a carb, consider what size manifold you currently have, as if you go to a larger diameter carb, you will need larger diameter manifold.

Dude, why are you selling this kid false hope?? Tuning a bike isn't a case of buying a new carb !!! What the ???

@ SwapperMX Oh okay that would probably run me cheap money too mate. Thanks i shall order those however what do you think for jets sizes..? i have no experience with carbs.. i just have a 125 and need a list of jet sizes for each jet i need! That would be beyond helpful with like a link to a website (USA) thanks! great help

SSR, I take it you are obviously in the states. If you want to have a crack at jetting your current carb, would be where I would start. What carb are you running. As for buying jets, and an idea on what size jets you should be using where you ride, try contacting either T-Bolt, or Firepower Minis. Both would be able to help you out.

http://tboltusa.com/

http://www.firepowerminis.net/

Dude, why are you selling this kid false hope?? Tuning a bike isn't a case of buying a new carb !!! What the ???

what the?.... :confused-smiley-013

sorry for replying to his original question.

he asked if the mikuni 26mm would be any good on his 125, and what size jets to run.
i was just trying to help him with a better suited size carby for his motor, go even go smaller if he wanted....

but,
ill retract my above post and let you sort it out.
sorry again swapperMX :hail:

Last edited:
what the?.... :confused-smiley-013

he asked if the mikuni 26mm would be any good on his 125, and what size jets to run.
i was just trying to help him with a better suited size carby for his motor, go even go smaller if he wanted....

but,
sorry again swapperMX :hail:

Dude dont let a negative comment put you off, your a wealth of knowledge and to this day have helped many including myself, you are always helping out especially with the tech stuff and is noticed by many and have helped pull people out of the **** regularly, i look forward to seeing you continue helping through knowledgable posts.

I'd say the PE-24 would work with those jets it's got in it but a #38 pilot and #102 main would most likely work better depending on where he's located in relation to sea level ... At least it's a Keihin and is easy to jet to suit a 4 stroke ... I can tell you for a fact that the VM-26 won't work with those jets it's got in it ... I've contacted Yank ebay sellers and most of 'em tell you their carbs are tuned for two strokes ... 4 strokes need a perforated emulsion tube for a start and a steeper tapered needle than a two stroke so in most cases it's not a simple jet change ...

This'll put most ppl off the VM-26 ...

Mikuni VM26 carb tuning for a Daytona 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67xr View Post
what the?....

but,
sorry again swapperMX
Dude dont let a negative comment put you off, your a wealth of knowledge and to this day have helped many including myself, you are always helping out especially with the tech stuff and is noticed by many and have helped pull people out of the **** regularly, i look forward to seeing you continue helping through knowledgable posts.

I agree, you've helped out alot on here and i'm am greatful for the help as you've also helped me. Thanks my67xr

I would suggest you to take help of a technically sound person as he might guide you in your query and that will help you by saving your time of pondering over the problem and even might save your money by giving you the exact and reliable solution.

Latest posts

Back