Need Help Re-Threading Spark Plug Hole

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a 125cc ducar engine that currently isn't working. When i bought the bike it had no spark, so upon removing the spark plug i realised that the hole was threaded. I have the head removed at the moment and was wodnering if any one knows where i could go to find a tap 10mm x 1.1 i believe. I have looked every where and can't seem to find one. Would it just be easier to pay some one to put a heli-coil in it?

If you know how to help me out then please comment, i'm living on the gold coast too, incase anyone knows some one who could help.

helicoil do make thread repair kits, but may just probably be cheaper to get a new head.

M10 x 1mm pitch isn't it?

most mechanics would be able to fit a helicoil for you, take a new spark plug with you too.

coventrys used to sell a spark plug thread repair kit.
its is like a helicoil but the insert is solid, not like the helicoil type spring, iirc they were Champion brand?
it came with the drill bit, tap and a couple of inserts. for $20?

i do them at work from time to time..
as above... m10 x 1.0 pitch

normal helicoil is fine.. you can get them in a couple of lengths so if you get one longer you'll have to shorten it..

Latest posts

Back