Neighbour trouble

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudskipper

Reaction score
So i live in a body corporate court, its not a street legally.
Some lady from a defence housing property was in her car
Recording me on my 160r. Yes its loud, yes i ride it within
The speed limits and within time frame for sound, no helmet.
So its defined as private property, should i tell this lady where
She can stick her camera and egg her house? Or maybe avoid
riding on the street And dealing with her army husband?

Ps im not convinced the mikuni carb on the motovert is designed
To spec yet. I hate starting my new bike and knowing its
A full new design doesnt give me confidence

Do that. Put a helmet on. Get some track or trail time.

The best advice I can give you is this: Don't sh!t where you sleep ;)

1. dont ride on the street. (one reason why alot of people complain about pitbikes and dirtbikes)
2. put a helmet on and go to actual track..
3. dealing with a solider is pretty stupid idea...
4. why did you buy it if your not confident in it?...
the bikes been around for 2 years or something now. its a relabeled psto so its a pretty good bike and the psto is a pitster pro lxr just with some differences.. like bigger frame.. the pitster pro lxr came out in 2009 and has been upgraded every year since it came out..
theres nothing bad about your bike in "new" design, what dont you like about the carby? if it bogs tune it

I agree with the posts above. I have a young family and if some dude was riding his loud pit bike in that environment I'd be annoyed too.

1. dont ride on the street. (one reason why alot of people complain about pitbikes and dirtbikes)
2. put a helmet on and go to actual track..
3. dealing with a solider is pretty stupid idea...
4. why did you buy it if your not confident in it?...
the bikes been around for 2 years or something now. its a relabeled psto so its a pretty good bike and the psto is a pitster pro lxr just with some differences.. like bigger frame.. the pitster pro lxr came out in 2009 and has been upgraded every year since it came out..
theres nothing bad about your bike in "new" design, what dont you like about the carby? if it bogs tune it

^^^^this.....

Local track said i have to wait 3 months to get in,
By riding i mean firing it up and doing a lap of the street,
Speed limit is 5 km.. Purely just for purposes of
Keeping the bike running. So if 2 mind of noise is an issue for
Some i think thats a bit soft. I love the bike im just frustrated
With how difficult its being turning over

Local track said i have to wait 3 months to get in,
By riding i mean firing it up and doing a lap of the street,
Speed limit is 5 km.. Purely just for purposes of
Keeping the bike running. So if 2 mind of noise is an issue for
Some i think thats a bit soft. I love the bike im just frustrated
With how difficult its being turning over

You will never win on here when it comes to illegal riding no matter how much you try to justify what you do AND what you are doing is infact illegal.

Pit bikes have a generally bad reputation because most people associate them with illegal riding and inconsiderate kids. help change this by NOT doing what your doing.

Hit a track, not a street.

If your stupid enough to ride on the street atleast do your mum 1 favour. Put a helmet on to protect the few brain cells you have left as keeping you alive would be something she would consider a priority.

Yeah dirts better mate but also first sentence in OP say its legally not a street so nieghbors cant do ****

If it's a body corporate thing there's probably something in the contract about noise and riding dirt bikes through the property.
As the others have already pointed out it's dangerous enough to be riding on the road, you have to be stupid not to be wearing a helmet. And doing that kind of stuff gives not just pitbikes but the whole motocross scene a bad name because people just associate moto riders as little punks who make noise and ride around the street with no helmets on. This makes it harder for tracks to get built and makes it harder for current tracks to stay in business.

Yeah dirts better mate but also first sentence in OP say its legally not a street so nieghbors cant do ****

Bingo! Below is spot on, It may not technically be a street but i guarantee the same rules apply as they would out on the road. Plus im sure your olds wouldn't like being evicted because of it.

Common sense mate, nothing else.

If it's a body corporate thing there's probably something in the contract about noise and riding dirt bikes through the property.

As the others have already pointed out it's dangerous enough to be riding on the road, you have to be stupid not to be wearing a helmet. And doing that kind of stuff gives not just pitbikes but the whole motocross scene a bad name because people just associate moto riders as little punks who make noise and ride around the street with no helmets on. This makes it harder for tracks to get built and makes it harder for current tracks to stay in business.

Couldnt of said it better.

mudskipper;378006[SIZE=2 said:
(1a)So i live in a body corporate court, its not a street legally.[/size]
She can stick her camera and egg her house?
(1b)Or maybe avoid riding on the street And dealing with her army husband?

(1c)Ps im not convinced the mikuni carb on the motovert is designed

Ohh this will be fun..

Iv tried to include the relevent information and numbered it accordingly incase the little brain power you do have has trouble in understanding SIMPLE rules..
(1a)
Use of common property and lots
A member must not, and must ensure that the occupier of a member's lot does not--
  1. use the common property or permit the common property to be used in such a manner as to unreasonably interfere with or prevent its use by other members or occupants of lots or their families or visitors;

use or permit a lot affected by the body corporate to be used for any purpose which may be illegal or injurious to the reputation of the development or may cause a nuisance or hazard to any other member or occupier of any lot or the families or visitors of any such member or occupier;

make or permit to be made any undue noise in or about the common property or any lot affected by the body corporate;

2. The above rules apply automatically when a Body Corporate is established (in Victoria).

(1b)
    De%2BLos%2BReyes.jpg

Floridian Frank De Los Reyes wasn’t wearing a helmet when he crashed his Harley-Davidson in 2008​
    (1c)have ya done ANY research into the tuning of the carb..presuming NOT...
    http://www.miniriders.com/tech-talk/25613-mikuni-carb-tuning-guide.html

and if you dont believe me in regards to the Body Corp rules..... click the link below sunshine..YOU ARE IN THE WRONG NO IFS OR BUTS ABOUT IT.
    http://www.poa-vic.org/Body_Corporate_Model_Rules.htm

now.. either Sell the bike and buy a pushbike AND a helmet..
    Or do the right thing,BUY A ****IN SKID LID! go to a track, I call you Bull****ting... What track has a 3 month waiting period....!? $30. broadytrack.... rock up, sign the form, ride ya day away.. THE RIGHT WAY!

Pull ya head in before ya grind it off, alternatively, make sure there is footage of the army guy tearing you a new rectum... :angry-smiley-013:

Last edited:
yes they can. from my understanding with trying to find a place to ride stunt bikes you need private property that has a fence at the front and have permission from the land owner. this is for public liability issues.

whoa! You got smashed on this one mate... My opinion would be "Relax man, punting around at 5km isnt gonna hurt anyone..." but I guess the law, militarty dudes and their wives (and everone on MR) would disagree with me ferociously... ha ha..

Im my quiet street there are at least 3 pittys and a go cart... people are always cruising around helmetless for a short test run and no one seems to care... In my household we go outside and give em the thumbs up!

Gotta try and get along with your neighbours though.. few weeks ago in brisbane someone complained to their neighbour about music being too loud, they were told to p*ss off, and the dude came back with a chainsaw and lopped off a finger!

I Guess as someone said earlier.. A bird never Sh*ts in its nest!

Latest posts

Back