New 155cc TTR style

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what i can see its not the same Frame as the Lxr

And the Linkage definately is better then the normal setup..

For one it allows you to run alot Softer Spring! So you can get alot better dampening out of the same shock.

The stock lxr is only Running 300lb spring , compare that to the usual setup , 800-1000lb?

And 2 , it just feels unreal!

yeah the rising rate linkage will be the next big step in minibike handling... Long story short, it will allow the bike to track a heap better over rough ground, and stop the rear ends from stepping out the way they do...

yeah probly not the exact same but yeah im itchin to try one.... as im sick to death of the standard shock setup...

only down fall will be the need to run a longer swingarm

Last edited:
true, but it will allow the swingarm pivot to be mounted lower, thus making for a less extreme swingarm angle... might save a few chewed out countershaft bearings and chains here and there, and make for a far more stable bike...
KTM finally got the WP PDS units right without a rising rate linkage setup, but took em a few years... and i'm only guessing here, but i reckon KTM's R&D budget might be a little bit bigger than DNM or Fast-Ace's... *giggle*
so i cant see any non-linkage shock working as well a linkaged one...

Although, it isnt new... TDR has a model of bike, the OX01's which whilst being a crappy gay bike, run a rising rate linkage rear... and a much longer shock length... 365mm i think on a minibike frame... Juany owns one, havent seen him on here for a bit, but he reckons that while the bike isnt brilliant quality, it is very stable, and sticks to the ground like a 13 year boy to his first stripper...

yeah probly not the exact same but yeah im itchin to try one.... as im sick to death of the standard shock setup...

only down fall will be the need to run a longer swingarm

Why are you sick of the direct mount shock? When setup properly they can work very well.
I wouldnt want the shock to bottom out too hard with the linkage system coz id be worried about the link snapping under enough pressure. Id like to see them prove themselves though coz it could be a good thing if they hold up well.

main reason is because with most shocks theres not much travel.. and if you get caught of guard then it will bottom out...
it only takes one decent bottom out and yr shock is rooted..

with the linkage system setup it ratio's the shock travel giving the same shock more travel and as pointed out you can use a weaker spring to sort out damping issues and not to mention swingarm bearing and bolt issues...

gota mate that does FMX on a pitboss pit bike and he has bent and broken that many swingarm bolts and destroyed hours old bearings its not funny..

I tried to get a few picture , with a phone :/..
Shes abit dirty to.

Heres a couple more pics but I cant find any of the bare frame. Is it a similar frame to the LXR?

picture.php

picture.php

This one you can see the hole linkage is setup alot different , has different angles etc..
29092009005.jpg

29092009001.jpg

29092009002.jpg

Cheers wogtaz, I see the frames are similar in design but are clearly not the same. I like where the cooler is mounted on the pitster.

Apparently that motor comes in like a 175cc version. Was posted on another site. Will see if I can find some more info out.

so you own one of these

whats it like to ride compared to the crf50 style(suspension wise of course) and how much longer do you recon they are?

Its insane . its nice and Soft but has never ending travel , i dont think i have come close to bottoming out.

Pitster have seriously done some research on this one , because it is absolutely perfect.

I must sound like im praising Pitster lately but i just cant get over how good a bike the Lxr is.

The one thing about it , is its pretty big! the Biggest 12" midsize mini out there .. and i really hope they dont go any bigger then this with mini's..

The pro riders in the US are already using the 14" frame and swingarms for the 12" lxrs to make them even bigger and handle even better... hopefully they dont make that change to the 12" pitsters in years to come.

Edit. actually i will try and get a picture of it compared to a Crf style midsize now.

Last edited:
the quality of the lxr is soo so much better just by the looks of it

so size comparison to a cr80 small wheel would be?

yeah they look like a good ride....
are there any fmx riders using them do you know?...maybe not being bigger...

I havnt been close to a 80 in years , so im not sure .. heres some good comparison pictures i just took , should give a good idea.

And i dont see why you wouldnt use one for freestyle , there still small enough to throw around .. and a hell of alot more comfy to hit jumps on . would be my pick for freestyle for sure .

Kx250f
29092009008.jpg

29092009010.jpg

Some Midsize crf style peice of junk.
29092009014.jpg

29092009016.jpg

Last edited:
yeah id recon theyd be close to an 80/85 size bike...
one thing tho, it looks lowered in the rear..the seat drops off in angle....is that standard or have you altered it...or is the shock on its way out..

the reason they select small bikes is so they can throws their legs over them easier, and you dont need as much height for back flips and sht..

Latest posts

Back