New bike time!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9190

Reaction score
Hey
I've been riding my Atomik MotoX 125cc for ~4 years now and its served me well but one of the engine mounts on the frame has now given up. Time to lay it to rest.

My mate has one thats near the end as well so these are our options:

1. Buy the same model so we never run out of parts again (its always a pain waiting for new parts to turn up)

2. Buy 2 new "better" bikes and build one functional bike out of the two oldies so other mates can come out.

I'm not really that keen on spending more than $1000 on a new bike so do you think it would be worth it? Things that I would like to improve over the motox would be the suspension and frame because I do have a tendency to point it at upward(then suddenly downward) slopes. I've blown a few rear shocks and had to really tweak the oil in the forks to stop it bottoming out.

So the real question here is: Name a bike with a strong frame and decent suspension for less than $1000. Power isnt really an issue - the 125 had enough and I kind of see oil cooling as one more thing to break. Bear in mind we may buy two so theres some bargaining power there.

Thanks fellas

Interesting. I was sure you guys would rip in to me for supporting the atomik!

What about the nitrous? Looks like it has a tougher frame (from the pics) and meaner looking shocks. Anyone own one and able to comment?

The DPRO has a zongshen engine. Are these not pieces of crap?

The nitrous looks like a tougher frame but in all honesty the welds are messy and **** as and the frames only as strong as its weakest weld. I've got both the nitrous and the DHZ and the DHZ IMO ****s on the atomik. The forks are basically the same and the zongshen engines are just as good as any other Chinese engine, the pitster pro 160 engines are zongshen. Go the DHZ 125

Makes sense. Looks like the DPRO 125 Lifan and 140 Zongshen use the same frame with a different seat? Hard to tell from the pics. The 140 only costs ~$150 more. Worth the extra spend? Assume the forks are still no namers but are they pretty sturdy?

Perhaps they would do a better price for two. Do they knock even more off for pick up? I dont live too far away.

DHZ DPRO 140, LKI Sticker Kit, New Release

DHZ DPRO 125

Yeah mate the forks are no namers. The difference between the two bikes you have links to is that the 125 is a crf50 based bike, ie different frame, seat, tank so and so and the 140 is a crf70 style bike, the crf70 style is a bit bigger and feels more like riding a big bike shrunk down for example. I have the 140 which ive done a **** load to and dont even want to say how much its cost in the end but its all been worth it. The 140 pulls hard with a probly tuned oko. Suspension on both bikes are the same they can handle small jumps, im 75kg and they bottomed out when i hit anything bigger than 10 to 15 foot jumps so if jumping is what you want to do then youll have to upgrade the suspension on any bike under $1000. If you live close just go down and check em out for yourself you might preffer the 125 over the 140 or the other way round and yeah im sure they will do you a sweet deal if you ask.
Can go wrong with any Dhz bike for price good luck mate.

Interesting. I was sure you guys would rip in to me for supporting the atomik!

What about the nitrous? Looks like it has a tougher frame (from the pics) and meaner looking shocks. Anyone own one and able to comment?

The DPRO has a zongshen engine. Are these not pieces of crap?

i wouldnt rip into you about atomik, i have an atomik and shes great... a little out of the price range but should be noted all china companys have the entry level stuff....

One more question. Oil coolers - pain in the ass or do they generally stay out of the way? They just look so flimsily mounted.

Nah you need em on 140 and above.

Won't get in the way. Don't even notice them.

Nothing wrong with zongers mate.

right on. all signs point to the DHZ 140 then. Anything anyone would recommend doing first up before taking her out? Im not talking about oil change, running in and tightening everything up but I know that if I bought another atomik i'd change the tubes and fork oil before bothering to take it out. Same deal with the DHZ or are they a cut above?

Should be pretty right. Loctite is your friend.

Better/heavier fork oil if your a bigger lad is definitely worth it. Apart from that just get out and ride it. :)

Latest posts

Back