New Brake kit for genuine thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristian

Reaction score
hey if found it difficult to find a new brake kit for my 05 genuine thumpstar hunge 25 (pics below) can anyone tell me where i could purchase a new set

index.php

index.php

lol im new to motorbikes sorry bout all the questions ive been asking =P

lol at your mum in the background of the 2nd pic i can just imagine what she is saying "i think you should take one like this it looks good" hahah good old mums

dosnt hav any rear brakes on it a the moment. i nead rear brake kit STAT! one that will fit on my bike =D

Last edited:
Find an old thumpstar dealer or a terra-moto dealer maybe and they can order one in, thats what I did, I got the brake pedal for one new for $55, I'm selling it for $45 if you want it, not cheap I know.

that photo suggests that there's a rear brake caliper on there?

yeah... i see a caliper but no lever... a hose... a master cylinder...almost looks like just the main arm has broken at the weld on the pivot tube...
and :p at the mum... you even took her advice with the first pic...:)

pedal off just about anything china made would fit wouldnt it? as long as the pivots the same...

edit-hang on...these was the pics from the guy you got it off, werent they? or am i just getting confused again?:eek:

Last edited:
pedal off just about anything china made would fit wouldnt it? as long as the pivots the same...

No the master cylinder is mounted behind the frame so you need a genuine thumpstar one that bends back and around to fit it.

hey mate go on ebay the china brake kits will fit your bike and so do the brake pedals which you can get from any where you can order a brake pedals from honda just ask for a crf50 pedal but for disk brake rear end

hey flarry, i will buy the rear brake lever for $45 if u want, i live in nsw so add my email adress [email protected], so we can organise for you to send it to me, i will pay for the expenses of postage of the item, and are you sure it will fit my bike?

Hey dude , best get in contact with the local Terra-moto dealer or email terra-moto Oz. The brake set up is the the same for all terra-moto's so it should work.

hey mate go on ebay the china brake kits will fit your bike and so do the brake pedals which you can get from any where you can order a brake pedals from honda just ask for a crf50 pedal but for disk brake rear end

How do you know that? you shouldnt just make stuff up and post it, its only misleading, the thumpstar brake kit mounts on the back of the frame unlike the normal china ones and thats not the only thing, the caliper wont fit either! And you cant just go to honda and ask for a crf50 brake pedal for a disk, they dont make them for disk.

hahahahahahahahaha what an idiot

the bike looks awsome, i've come in this thread like 3/4 times just to get the look of your bike out of my mind but its pretty hard to get out, sorry can't help with the brakes i just like looking at your bike =)

hahaha thanks bulldog, its a sweet bike got it for a bargain too, $700 , im planning on spendind a few hundred on it

hey if found it difficult to find a new brake kit for my 05 genuine thumpstar hunge 25 (pics below) can anyone tell me where i could purchase a new set

index.php

index.php

lol im new to motorbikes sorry bout all the questions ive been asking =P

no worrys mate, weve all been @ a stage where we are new to bikes, now the deal with thumpstars is.

1. alot of your common shops like honda yamaha ect ect do not like to stock parts for "thumpstar: reason being, they feel as though they are in a higher class then the rest, and feel that its a disgrace to their shop to even wanto sell those (quote)"shitty chineese parts"

i know this because i have a friend that works for honda now, and he asked his manager for me if they could get some thumpstar parts in, the smart answer qould be to say yes, his buisness would go thruu the roof, due to the fact that all the kds in my area including me has a thumpstar, but no, his shop is too good for that "shit"

i feel your pain....

i have no idea where you are, but if your in victoria, then there is a shop in epping melbourne that will help you out in an instant

secondly.... the other thing with humpstars is.. yes we dont like to all admit it when we just got a brand new bike, but its a thumpstar, yes they are a cheap immitation, and need to have things replaced, like...

bars -Verry weak (knowlage from experiance)

rear shock- its a bad product

barings ESPECALLY THE WEEL BEARINGS!!! they really need to be replaced, i learnt that from when my front axle colapsed on me because my bearing shatterd whilst in 4th gear, 5 weeks and a broken leg later i was riding again.. then, as expected, the rear weel bearings started to give way, so replace all bearings..

AND FOR GOD'S SAKES PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND REPLACE THAT BLOODY SWINGARM!!!!! ITS HIDIOUS!!! lol...

i know ur probly thinking, no stuff that bloke, this is my brand new bike, sif i wanna pull it apart n do all this un-neccasary crap..

thats what i said, then my bike broke, my bearings, bars,gear leavers,rear breaks, all went @ once.....

i couldnt ride for about a 2 months, coz i had to fixx all this crap @ once and couldnt afford it

but now, i watchmy mates on their honda's break down, and i laugh @ them for once..

now im not saying you have to go and buy all this crap @ once, just slowly build it up, 1 week get this small thing, then that small thing, save up n thn get somthing else ect ect, and eventually.. by the time evrything is ready to go, its not because you have fixed the faults... unlike me, i advised my bro to do all this when he got his,

1st week he got bearings, next week he got his pro taper bars, next week he got a new chain, then muffler, new tires, and now.. i wish i had his bike... anyways this message is getting WAAYYYYYYYY too long now, but its 5:25 AM and i havnt slept yet and im bored, research what the things to replace on thumpstars on google, and good luck mate..

-Corey.............................P.S if ur in melb, that shop is on cooper street just off high street in epping :)

Latest posts

Back