New ebay bike similar to MSO

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Will Build People 05 Thumpstars Exactly the same for 1/2 The Price.

I Can get The Billet Frames, The New 06 frames are available now aswell.

Max is right.

The Markup on Thumpstars is amazing.

Thumpstar = Rip off.

What makes it worth 2 more grand than any other bike without the "thumpstar" tag.:

Better Bolts
Some Billet accesories.

Not worth 2 grand to me.

Max99 said:
By the way here's a question for, nofear and gang ...do you consider Motovert's to be of equivalent quality to Thumpstar?
QUOTE]

I'd still like your opinion...

No-Fear said:
20hp engine that needs a rebuild after every weekend's ride coz it cant handle it...no thnx
Look, you give me the sort of money your talking about and I'll build a motor that'll be going long after yours shits itself.

This is all beside the point anyhow. The point is, that with a little effort and by taking the blinkers off, any guy (or gal) who wants to go racing, or just ride for fun, can do it for much, much less than what you guys are saying is needed. Most here aren't interested in the latest model anything that costs over 2 grand. If you need to carry on about your bike to make yourself feel better about the wasted bucks, thats fine. Why don't you thumpstar guys just PM each other with compliments so we can get on with helping people with under 2 thou to spend.

Sorry max. 3 of my close mates have motoverts. two have Motovert 125s and one Motovert 125 pro. In my opinion and experience with these bikes riding them, durability and reliability the Motovert PRO is a direct competitor to the thumpstar. I own a Thumpstar Pro 125 2006, and find the Motovert a shorter bike from wheel to wheel which makes handling on stutters at our local superX track a real handful and greatly effects cornering ability. The engines and components are top notch as expected along with lots of pretty billet add ons and anodised parts. All up The Motoverts are a great bike showing exceptional craftmanship similar to that of a thumpstar. So yes in my opinion Motoverts are built to the same class quaility of thumpstars.

Calm down guys, there only bikes!

Heres Something for all to think about.
195983063_e380efd610.jpg

FLICK said:
Each to their own....
But who wants to spend $4000US ($5333Aus) on a toy? (unless they have parents with deep pockets)
me, coz least i know it's goin 2 be quality and there will be back up service available for it.

Well anyway back on topic. The first bike has sold for AU $1,035.50, which is quite a bargain for this bike. I would expect to see the price rise similar to those of mso's and similar bikes did also.

No-Fear said:
me, coz least i know it's goin 2 be quality and there will be back up service available for it.
and dont forget guys hes going to race it. i would spend that money for a decent bike that will win me a race

Well i'm happy with my mso bike and i'm happy to spend a bit of money on engine performance mods and a few other little mods.
I would like to have a ride of a stock thumpstar one day to see how they compare.

where do u live coz u can come riding with me on the w/e and we can try each others rides and things

not a bad seller, got my old bike of him, i dont like that bike one bit

looks way to long, hasnt got very knobby tyress... wouldnt waist money one it

good frame(pittboss use this frame now) great motor, just needs oil cooler , should be good bike for that price,

those 138cc's are all over alibaba now, if you want one now contact an exporter and say you want a sample, otherwise id suggest you wait until they're the same price are half the 125's are now.

the sellers can jack up the price of these things a bit coz they're new and have a selling point the other dont, even though the cost price really isint all that much more than a standard lifan powered bike.

yep you are probaly right but for $450 odd dollars they are still good buying, if you buy a LIFAN 125 for say $250 plus postage bore it and piston $150 all up shift drum $90 thats $490 and you have not payed for labour yet, the 138 starts to look good and you get clutch on main shaft(start in any gear)opposed to clutch on crank(most 125 lifan,ect), further more the Lifan super 120's alloy cylinder does not like to be bored out that much as you run out of sleeve .The 138 cylinder has plenty of sleeve, but yes they probaly will come down but are still good buying.

Latest posts

Back