new laws for motorcycle licence nsw

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2freeq

Reaction score
i recieved a letter in the mail yesterday from the rta, at first i thought i`d been pinned for something haha

as of the 1st of june 2009 rider license applicants who are issued with their first nsw p`s license are required to be on a p1 license for 12 months then a p2 license for another 24 months. 3 years on ya p`s then you get your un restricted license.

exeption for people who are over 25 years old and hold a unresrticted drivers license. they are still on there p`s for only 12 months,

this is to help "reduce the number of novice riders involved in crashes"
i guess its good in that sense

3 years is a long time to be stuck on a governed down bike......

what are your thoughts? good thing or bad thing?

BAD!!!!!!!!
gonna be stuck on a 250 for like 4 years now damn it

hahaha funny story

i am was born in the sutherland shire got my licence ls down the gong and after the 3 months went back and got my Ps

after 2 months being on Ps in sydney i moved up to brisbane
went to the queensland transport department lady seen i was on Ps for bike she asked me a simple question... "i seen ur on ur bike Ps have you been on them more then 10 months (answer was no) i turned around and said YESSSSSS she said no problem here is a full unrestered licence as QLD dont have Ps for Bikes "

SCOREEEEEE went out and bought a suzuki bouelvarde M109

awwwwwwww what
thats sweet as
what size is th bouelvarde m109?

doesnt bother me..Im gonna be riding my Z50J on the road. So the massive 88cc's im running will work out fine for me!

m109 is 1800cc

1.8l

same as this one

m109r.jpg

Last edited:
pic didnt come up
but 1800cc f#%k how fast have you got her??

here is some specs and info on it

Meet the Beast
The Boulevard M109R is the most powerful cruiser Suzuki has ever produced. The all-new liquid-cooled 1,783cc engine featuring four valves per cylinder and SDTV digital fuel injection gives you all the power you need, when you need it.

This monster packs the largest engine pistons of any production car or bike on the planet. Each of the huge 112mm forged aluminium-alloy pistons use short skirts and cutaway sides to reduce friction and provide the rider with raw, unstoppable muscle.

The Boulevard means business in every way - from its purpose-built chassis and high-tensile steel frame, created to handle its enormous torque, through to its GSX-R1000 styled front brake system for unmatched stopping power. Adding hi-tech brains to its brawn are a handlebar-mounted instrument cluster with digital tachometer, LED taillight and tank-mounted analog speedometer. The classic look is slick yet muscular.

The wide, stretched-out 19-litre fuel tank and massively beefy 240-section rear tyre (the widest ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle) sit seamlessly within its long, sleek flowing lines. The innovative styling is enhanced even further by the lustrous deep chrome finish.

From the moment you unleash the Boulevard M109R, you'll experience ultimate freedom.

Features
1,783cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, V-Twin engine is designed to produce a massive tractable power and responsive torque.
Huge 112mm forged aluminum-alloy pistons. These are one of the largest reciprocating gasoline engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle, while featuring race-proven design to reduce friction and inertial mass.
Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system produces smooth throttle response even at low engine rpm.
Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), a compact dry-sump lubrication system, designed for reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower center of gravity.
The race-proven brake system came straight off the sportbike, including radial-mount opposed-4-piston front brake calipers and a dual-piston rear brake caliper.
Inverted front forks featuring race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes.
Cast aluminum-alloy swingarm works with a progressive linkage and a single rear shock absorber; adjustable spring preload to suit rider and passenger weight.
The widest, massive 240mm rear tyre, ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle.
A sporty solo-seat cover that can be quickly swapped for the included passenger seat.
Handlebar-mounted instrument cluster, including a digital tachometer and LED indicator lights.
Tank-mounted analogue speedometer and LCD odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock.

Specifications
Engine2 cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, 54-degree, V-twin
.StarterElectric
.Transmission5-speed constant mesh
.Front SuspensionInverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
.Rear SuspensionLink type, coil spring, oil damped
.Front BrakesDisc brake, twin
.Rear BrakesDisc brake
.Wheelbase1,710mm
.Length2,480mm
.Width875mm
.Height1,185mm
.Curb Mass347kg
.Fuel Capacity19.5 litres
.ColoursPearl Black or Cherry Red
.Warranty2 year unlimited kilometre

lol nice bike. my mate and his dad were on one doin 200km/h and had the foot pegs scraping.

back on thread...that license crap is a load of shit...not that i mind, having my blacks for...i dunno...years:)
but wtf? we gotta do a mandatory stay upright course...dont have that on the cars tho...
novice riders in crashes? more just too many people getting bike licenses now...its a conspiracy!!!!! rise up, rise up and crush the little roaches in the seats of power! fukin beauracratic mumbo jumbo and some dickhead with no idea of the real world, but plenty of ideas on how things should be...

gunna see more novice riders in crashes now....

HOW TO CURE CRASHES;
step 1. no asians on the road in cars.
step 2. no damn old people that dont look when they pull out.
step 3. gimme the power to pull pricks over that use their mobile phones and dont indicate, drive erratically, etc etc

step 4. um... mandatory car drivers course...with motorbikes a major feature ....

ima gunna start my own damn political party:p

yeah... kick some ass:)

picture this scenario, im on my L's, i am illegible to go for my red P's now....my question is, if i stay on my Ls until after June 1 when that rule comes in, will the Green P's for 2 years rule apply to me? opposed to me getting my Red P's before June 1? or will it not matter either way?
Can someone enlighten me on my situation?

dabomb your right mate but anyone geting there L's as of june the 1st will be hit with all new laws. I got my car red P's a day befor the no v8 or turbo shit come in and i get to drive any car i like on my P's and there is not a thing the cops can do

yeah its a bit stupid but still your on the same amount of time for your drivers licence... l's for min of 12 months, red p's for min 12 months and greens for min 24 months

edit*

mini mad your so lucky! im stuck with my lil 4 cylinder 1.5 lancer :( when i got a perfectly good HQ ute with a 454 c.i. chev in it :( oh well

Last edited:
hey, i got a tuk tuk, and only rule i can find on the rta concerning trikes is: vehicle may not be operated if a person under 16 is in the vicinity....wtf? then, subrule!!!!! UNLESS operator holds a full riders license!!!!!! work THAT one out:p

im still on my car l's but only gotta do the fifty hours...im just lazy:) not looking forward to my p's of three years...

Motorcycle

if its the 1st on june the law comes in.. then get it ASAP before.. to be on the 'current provisionals' would be how I read it...

? whats the MAJOR issue anyway?? Is it just the time requirements?

headmess wtf is a tuk tuk??

ah yep yep.. shoulda said.. them 3 wheeler things that everyone in thailand and bali get around on.... lol

interesting thats for sure.......

Latest posts

Back