new to the sport looking for direction

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castner

Reaction score
I have recently bought a coolster 125cc pit bike. I have ridden in the past but this is my first pit bike and i do not know much about it. I do have one problem. The bike leaks gas when it is at idle which the previous owner of the bike said was a result of the carb float being stuck. Anywhere you guys could point me to buy an upgraded carb for this bike? thanks alot

also if this is in the wrong sub forum i can delete it. not really sure wether coolster is a chinese brand

Welcome to miniriders.
Im guessing your from the US. We in Australia dont have the Coolstar that im aware of and to me they do look chinese.
Having fuel leak at idle could mean stuck floats or need adjusting. In either case you could look at fixing the problem before deciding to purchase a new carbie.

thanks for the fast responses and yea im from the us. ill do some research on trying to fix the problem. i was just wondering if there was a almost bolt on type carb that wouldnt require any adjustments for the bike as i do not know how to go about doing any of that

thanks for the fast responses and yea im from the us. ill do some research on trying to fix the problem. i was just wondering if there was a almost bolt on type carb that wouldnt require any adjustments for the bike as i do not know how to go about doing any of that
nah, when you put a new carb on you need to re-jet it almost all of the time..

to fix this carby just take the carby bowl off pull one pin holding the float on and bend a tab a bit up to stop the bowl filling too high and making it come out of the overflow

also it seems like first gear on the bike is useless. i can cruise around in second and still get power when first redlines at like 5ish mph. a smaller sprocket on the rear wheel change the gearing and make 1st usable while also increasing the top speed right?

yeah smaller rear sprocket or larger front (cheaper) for more top end speed

Latest posts

Back