New tv...Plasma or LCD...???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoXXX

Reaction score
hey fellas well im in the market for a new tv inbtween 40 and 50 icnhes...

now the point im stuck at is to go plasma or LCD,ive searched alot in the last 2 hours and i think im seeing that LCD's are better then plasmas so what do you think???

it'l be used for ps3,watching sport,dvd's,and if it is compadible my pc media centre.

is there any guru's as such on here to help me out

cheers ;)

you get what you pay for if you bought the 52" for $900 no doubt it will brake i just got the new LG 60" top of the line built in set top box and built in hardrive (record tv) the thing is rediculously big and awesome all black nice and sleek it is in shops for like 6 or 7 grand i got it for $3700 from a mate at an LG factory gotta love havin connections oh yeah it also cost me like another $4000 in surround sound and all the good quality cables cause all the old stuff wasnt good enough but im happy now

so yeah i would buy a plazma dont no why i just like them better but you gotta get top of the line once you do you will no why make sure it is a 1080p full hd

hmm ^^^

dont think im gunna get a top of the range tv,ijust basicly want one that will last even 2 years ,just wanna get a cheapo one for like $1000-$1600

just basicly for ps3,but also for the other gear i mentioned,i dont need any top of the line shit just something better then my 61cm POS lol...

lcd v`s plasma = holden v`s ford..... same arguement

i use to work installing these tvs and basically what i was told by panasonic and nec was plasma has a better picture for sport and movies but they are subject to screen burn. lcd has a little less quality in the picture but doesn`t get screen burn.

i brought a 42inch lg plasma and got screen burn after 3 days of playing gta4 on xbox360 now i have the same tv in lcd and hav`nt been able to fault it yet.
it just comes down to personal preference and no matter which way you decide to go you`ll be happy with it. thats my 2 cents anyway.

i have also had screen burn in on my lg 42" in my room but it goes away after a couple of days

and motoxxx if you want when you come pic my motor up your buyin i could take you to the place i get mine from im pretty sure i can get lg 42" plazmas for like $800

^^^^

if you can do that mate that would be awsome,yeh all i want is a half decent BIG SCREEN tv

im leaning more towards lcd just because of that screen burn but would still get a plasm i guess...

I dont know bout the plasmas but my mate has a lcd and was showin me on the weekend his pc media centre he built. It has over 300 movies on a pc tower + mega music and plugs straight into the back of the tv. He said the lcd is just like a huge pc monitor so he surfs the net and plays pc games on it. I think this is a great advantage for the movies and storage capacity. You may want to find out if plasmas are compatable with pc plugs when makin your decision

most plasmas are pc compatible BUT not all so if you want to do that check and see if the plasma ur looking at has the pc input connection on the back, its the same as a monitor connection on the back of your computer.

hmm ^^^

dont think im gunna get a top of the range tv,ijust basicly want one that will last even 2 years ,just wanna get a cheapo one for like $1000-$1600

just basicly for ps3,but also for the other gear i mentioned,i dont need any top of the line shit just something better then my 61cm POS lol...

Get an LCD! Cheap plasmas are just trouble so dont bother with one unless your getting the top of the line brand names with a good warranty because if and when something goes wrong with it (such as screen burn) they are expensive to repair.

I know of people that got screen burn from the channel 9 symbol that they have in the corner of the screen.

yeh well im looking more into the lcd's atm

gunna go check out the good guys tommorow and see what they tell me and what i think while im there i guess

Hahaha the good good good guys pay cash and they'll slash the prices lmao.

Check out JB as well if you can.

lol

naahnaaah naahnanaaah come in and see the good good good guys l0l0l0l0l

dont have a jb near me unfortunently

Hey bud,

When I was looking to get my new big screen I did a fair bit of sussin !!

From what I could find, anything up to 42" get a LCD, anything over 42" get a Plasma !! LCDs over 42" just don't have the picture quality of the larger plasma's "yet" !!

I ended up getting an LG 50" with built-in HD DSTB and built-in 250GB hard drive.. Cant fault it yet !!!

And on the subject of image burn !!

It's all cool, image burn on plasma's is not perminate... once the image is there if you watch TV, DVD, whatever for 5-10min the image go's away completely... My kids hammer mine with there PS and they always leave an image (game paused) on the screen and walk away !! If I notice it left on I just turn the PS off and turn it back to normal TV for a bit and it's gone !!! simple as that...

I had a Panasonic 42" rear projection TV before this one and there real bad for image burn !! We stuffed up once and left the TV on and went away for 3 days.. when we got back the DVD that was being watched before we left was sitting on the menu screen.. So we had Matrix written in the top right hand corner of the screen from there on !!! LOL.. it was only noticeable when there was a blue or white Colour on the screen where the burnt image was, other then that you couldn't see it....

We ended up having to replace the screens anyway, as my young bloke (4 at the time) "stuffed up" playing Freak-style and pegged the controller at the screen !! Which of cause made a rather large hole in the center of the screen LOL.. little s#!t, cost me $800 to replace the screens (rear projections have two thin plastic screens that make up the screen)... When I asked him why he did it, he said "because I only came second dad" What could I say to that !!! LOL...

Anyway man, yeah up to 42" LCD over 42" Plasma !!

lcd for gameing

but not over 42"

if ya go over this size go with plasma as the refresh rate is faster

1080p doesn't mean sh@t there is nothing that runs full hd anyway o bar blue ray so maybe look for that

standard hd tv runs at about 720p at the max so outside of that you will never use it

personally i'm going lcd for gameing and pc watching

choice is yours

ive got a 50 inch panasonic viera plasma, with a bose lifestyle surround sound system. we still need to get a ps3 for it but it is better than all the tv's that people own in our family.

i like it alot. and the screen burn that we got from leaving it on standby with the screen saver on it dissapeard as soon as we started watching tv again.

VIERA TH-50PZ850A 50" (127cm) Full-HD Digital Plasma TV [TH-50PZ850A] - Panasonic Australia
with
Bose® Australia
and there outside on our deck all conected to each other
Bose® Australia

Latest posts

Back