New venue.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWS

Reaction score
We at SWS are setting up a new venue. It will be at Queensland Raceway, Willowbank.

Will include a dirt section. Furthermore there are no noise restrictions at all.

Remainder of SWS rules and regs apply to all Minitards who wish to ride. All are welcome.

Dates to follow.

We at SWS are setting up a new venue. It will be at Queensland Raceway, Willowbank.

Will include a dirt section. Furthermore there are no noise restrictions at all.

Remainder of SWS rules and regs apply to all Minitards who wish to ride. All are welcome.

Dates to follow.

Im sure your post will get some of us interested, You got anymore info?

yep sounds awesome..

and yeah more info needed i think.. at least a facebook page or website for people to keep track of whats going on

Here's a link to the SWS forum, it has all the info that could ever be needed in regards to bikes, dates etc.

SWS__Lakeside • Index page

At this stage we are heading out this coming weekend to throw some bikes around the track to test for its viability.

I'll come back in here and let you all know how it went.

Off topic, we had Chris Vermuelan come out to the track at Lakeside on Sunday just gone, he hung around for about 3 hrs.

Last edited:
Sweet!! I'll be there too!

Where can I find the rules that I need to get my bike to so I can ride there?

The following rules apply to all Motard bike classes:
All bikes must comply with these guidelines at all times.
*Overflow bottles for oil, carburetor and cooling system must be fitted (must have)
*All bikes must comply to the 85db noise limit.
*Oil drain and filler plugs and brake bolts safety wired
*Handlebars must have ends plugged or have bark busters with adequate nylon/plastic covering
*Footpeg, front and rear axle sliders must be fitted

Last edited:
Noise limit at Lakeside is now "under 90db".

No noise restrictions at Willowbank.

It's a goer!

6th Feb is the date for the first QR SWS.

QR SWS events will be practice/track day only. As opposed to Lakeside there is 5% runoff at best(one corner only), so strict track conditions apply. Riders will find out on the day during rider briefing.

Also, as we are running out of the car park/drift track, a fair amount of setup is required, help on the day will be greatly appreciated.

This track also offers a dirt section for Mini Motard and Super Motard, also there is zero noise restrictions but ALL other requirments still need to be adhered to.

An AASA(Australian Auto Sports Alliance) license is a must. The cost for a license is $20/day or $55/year. With the AASA license any rider has the option to pay for a day license and then if they choose to, pay only $35(the balance of the yearly) within 3 weeks from the date of paying for the practice license and upgrade to a yearly.
AASA is a Governing body and provides insurance, much like MA.
AASA - Australian Auto Sport Alliance - Home
All forms to be filled out on the day, turn up with your bikes, pass scruitineering, fill forms, pay money then have a ball. You'll be looking at a minimum of 2hrs on track if you can handle it.
As always with SWS events there is qualified emergency paramedics on site.

Yeah, I was hoping for something a little sooner. Oh well, better than a punch in the balls.

It would seem I got my dates mixed up.

6th March 2011 is the first event at Willowbank.
I certainly would not be posting now, if it was next year. ;)

That sounds a bit more reasonable!! Unfortunatly I fly out to work that day, got a date for the next one?

Better get the Sava's back on and the other small details! Is there a track layout we can have a look at?

All dates and at which venue can be found here.
SWS__Lakeside • View topic - 2011 calendar of events.

For those that have seen the layout for the Supermoto ride days, you'll know the jist of their layout. We are running the opposite direction and have a jump included also.

Personally, the Lakeside circuit has it all over this QR one. Noise limit at Lakeside is now, 89.99db @5m whilst bike is under full throttle. We're also getting a fair amount of Minitards at Lakeside, ranging from China 160's to Jap 150's and 85's.

Also there is a new venue in proserpine it also has a dirt section ill try get my hands on track layout for u guys

Cool.
You could even start a new thread for it.

After two track days at Willowbank and only a handfull of road bikes showing up to both.

There is no longer ride days at Willowbank.

Kind of a shame no Minitards turned up as it really was a track suited for them with a dirt section and especially after seeing some members from here posted on another forum asking to be included in the Supermoto ride days. Also Minimoto's as it was a tighter track.

As always, Lakeside will continue to operate as is and all events will now be held there.

that just makes me said another opportunity has slipped through via a lack of commitment from riders. what a shame.

Latest posts

Back