New yuminashi hk180r-spl engine (181cc)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog

Reaction score
Newest pitbike engine on the market so here are some details:

The new Yuminashi HK180R-SPL is not only with 181,67cc the biggest displacement engine on the market, it's also the only engine with the most amazing cylinderhead ever used since history of pitbike and Monkey tuning.

The Yuminashi SPL-Head have two huge valves from 31mm intake and 27mm exhaust. The intake is flowed to 28mm diameter and the exhaust is flowed to 25mm to make a perfect connection to a exhaust system with 27mm diameter.

The Yuminashi SPL-Head is using 5mm valve stems and not 5,5mm valve stems like you can see on the 150cc and 160cc that are available everywhere today.

Reinforced valve guides are also installed on this SPL-Head together with real racing springs that makes those high rev's possible.

The piston that has being used on this engine is a high compression racing piston (dome type) with a bore from 64mm to fit the big cylinder.

The crankshaft have a stroke from 56,5mm.

The carburetor is a original KEIHIN PE28mm that comes together with the engine.

The manifold set is a 360° type so that the setup with the big 28mm KEIHIN carburettor would fit on any type of frame.

The clutch is a type of clutch that Brands like Takegawa, Daytona, Kitaco, etc also are using, without a centrifugal filter (oil spinner) and a external filter comes together with the engine. The clutch have 5 clutch plates.

You can order them at this moment at R&Y Concepts in Europe, they ship worldwide (email [email protected] )

More details:

What are they worth shipped to Australia?

Got any pics?

quiet interesting, and ya pics and a price would be great

I too would like to see one. Will they bolt straight into DHZ/pitpro chassis?

Yes, absolutely, they will bolt straight into DHZ/pitpro chassis and any other chassis basicly who are based on the original Honda XR50 or CRF50 frame like Pitsterpro, BBR, Sano, MonsterMoto, Pitpro, RSR, Motovert, etc...

The pitbike engines don't fit only on pitbikes, but also lot's of other bikes like:

TIGER:

ROCKET BOY 110 – ROCKET BOY 135 – KIKASS 125 – KIKASS 135 – MATRIX 125 - CX125 – SMART CX125 - CX135 SUPER MOTARD – JOKER 120 – JOKER 125...

MOMOS:

MOMOS TIGRIS 115S - MOMOS FORZA 135 - MOMOS PANTERA CX135

SACHS BIKES:

MADASS 50 – MADASS 125 – MADASS 135

HONDA:

XR50R – XR70R – CRF50F – CRF70F - WAVE100 (All) – WAVE110 (All) – SOLO (2003) - NICE110 (ZN110 – ZN110C ) – NICE110 U-BOX (ZN110T) – 12V CDI CHALY 50/70 (CF50 – CF70) – 12V CDI BENLY CL50 – LITTLE CUB 50 - MONKEY R (Z50JRH - 1987) – MONKEY RT (Z50JRJ / 1987 - 1988) – ZB50 (1987) – MONKEY BAJA (Z50JM / 1991 – 1992) - 12V CDI GORILLA 50 - 12V CDI MONKEY 50 (Z50J) – 12V CDI DAX 50/70 (AB23 & AB26 / 1986 - 1999) – JAZZ 50 – MAGNA 50 – C100 BIZ (1998) – CD70C (1983) - CD100SS (1991) – FUTURE 110 (1999) - ASTREA STAR (1986) – ASTREA SUPRA-X (1999) – CUB100EX (1988) – EX5 (1987) – EX5 CLASS1 (1999)

(These HONDA bikes need a optional CDI Adaptor and then they also can use the new type of CDI Pitbke engines...):

BENLY CL50 (1968) – BENLY CS90 (1964) – BENLY SS50 (1967) - C50 – C65 - C70 – C90 – CD50 – CD70 – CD90 - CL50 - CL70 - CT50 –CT90 – CT110 – CHALY 50/70 (CF50 – CF70) - DAX 50/70 (ST50 – ST70 – CT70 / 1969 - 1985) – DAX CHOPPER (ST70M / 1979) - MIGHTY DAX 90 (ST90) – MONKEY 50 (Z50A) - MONKEY 50 (Z50M / 1967) - MONKEY 50 (Z50Z / 1970)- MONKEY 50 (Z50J / 1974 - ) - MONKEY GORILLA (Z50J-III / 1978 - ) – MOTRA (CT50J / 1982) - S65 - S90 - SS50 – SL50/70

HONDA TRIKE: ATC70** –ATC90**

HONDA ATV: FOURTRAX 90 (TRX70) ** - SPORTRAX 90 (TRX90) **
**The Pitbike engines will fit without a problem but have no reverse gear of course…

105601159.jpg

quiet interesting, and ya pics and a price would be great

The price will be something above 1000Euro, I believe 1250, but to be sure you should send them a email.

Shipping to Australia is not expensive at all with sea freight, but with DHL or something it will cost you an arm and a leg I think! :)

Perhaps an idea to make a group order if some members from this forum are interested in this type of engine.

If you share the transport cost then it cost you absolute nothing and perhaps you can have also a discount if your order is bigger as 1 like this... ;-)

hahahahaha...lets see what all breaks on that thing:p...instead of pushing the ccs higher and higher the yellow guys should work on details...my two cents;)
..and where did the chinks come up with that fantasy name...??? Japan.... what a laugh!!

Last edited:
looks like a nice good quality motor!!!

How much HP she put out

hahahahaha...lets see what all breaks on that thing:p...instead of pushing the ccs higher and higher the yellow guys should work on details...my two cents;)
..and where did the chinks come up with that fantasy name...??? Japan.... what a laugh!!

I see your point, and as far as I know the details where Yuminashi is working on is the clutch and the crankcases.

I don't think that these details are already improved on this type of engine (SPL), but it's certainly something to keep your eyes on...

They gonna make the real McCoy in the future, that's for sure!!!

The name with Japan at the end, well Takegawa, Kitaco and Daytona are producing everyting in Taiwan (I know the most of the factories that make their products), and I don't see somebody laughing...

With Takegawa you know 100% for sure that it will break, but the difference with Yuminashi is that with Yuminashi you have for the same price a complete engine, where you have with Takegawa only a cylinderhead for named "Superhead"!...

And it isn't that "Super" anymore, the valves al smaller as the SPL head from Yuminashi to start with, I ask myself the question where all the horse powers are for the money that you'r paying, no problem to pay 5.000 dollar US for a complete engine at Takegawa...

Did you tried their 4 valve head already?...
What a joke!
And their 6-speed gearbox, well after 35Km I had only a 3-speed gearbox left!

Did you know that Honda had in 1963 a 50cc 4-stroke bike (49.61cc to be correct) called RC113 with a Twin DOHC 4-Valve Head and with a 9-speed transmission with a top speed from over 140km/h and with a maximum power of over 10PS at 19.000RPM!!!!

In 1964 Honda had a 123,15cc 4-stroke bike, let's call it a 125cc, named 2RC146 with 4 cylinders with 4 valve heads on and with a 7-speed transmission, the bike generated 27HP at 17.000RPM with a top speed from over 180km/h and it wasn't breaking...

Superhead +R, roller rockers and everything, sounds good, but again, where is the horsepower and the high tech engineering where the customers are paying for?...

You might be lucky if your Takegawa 125cc build in 2009 have the results from a 49cc Honda build in 1963!...

Takegawa say on all their products, "Made In Japan", Yuminashi say on all their products, Engineering Japan, maybe this can be an aswer on your question / remark...

Last edited:
The early Hondas were the best engineered for sure ... later model engines don't last anywhere NEAR as long ...

The New Yuminashi hk180r-spl engine (181cc) looks very much like a glorified YX 150/160 with a few different parts on it ...

Taiwan is basically the "New" Japan ... It would kill most of the Kitaco/Takegawa etc fanatics to have to face the facts that their engines and parts are actually manufactured by chinese people ... :p

The early Hondas were the best engineered for sure ... later model engines don't last anywhere NEAR as long ...

The New Yuminashi hk180r-spl engine (181cc) looks very much like a glorified YX 150/160 with a few different parts on it ...

Taiwan is basically the "New" Japan ... It would kill most of the Kitaco/Takegawa etc fanatics to have to face the facts that their engines and parts are actually manufactured by chinese people ...

well...lets face it John...between Taiwan and chinese is a huuuuge difference....and I am afraid this engines mentioned above are 110% chinese;)....funny though the remarks about Takegawa from this dude:p:p...4sure he never swung a leg above an engine like that!!

@bulldog : ...did you recently did see the results from MMSX...??....and Take 4v are jokes...well then at least 15 of the podium guys went with a joke their:D

Yeh Don't even start on the Takegawa bashing. You dont even have a bike let alone anything with any takegawa bits on it. I know like everyone else who has had any takegawa or kitaco bits is that they are still light years ahead in terms of quality and relability of any chinese manufacturers. TB is good yeh but Takegawa is better , takegawa is the best. You can't go around making claims like this motor is better than anything else when we haven't herd any feedback from any REAL riders or companies. Not some Asian inside a warehouse making B.S HP claims.

I'd like to think this is something different. But honestly do you really need 181cc's of engine , I dont think most riders will be able to correctly handle that size donk on a proper track. I get enough bloody arm pump as it is on my 88cc limited racing. Imagine a 181cc bike , there's no way I'd be using the power. China - please focus on getting your engine's as reliable as possible and stop with the capacity war.

Looks good , mybe too much power , we'll have to wait and see. I hope your not going to be putting these in pitpro's etc keep these motor's in a very well built stable chasis otherewise it will be a death machine.

y not just race a big bike, this is just enuf 180cc, fuk minis shud have like 125s, 150's and 160's r nuts enuf y wud u need a 180..........ofcourse it ell be farkin quick, but y not go buy a cr250........lol

will be gd to see if this motor holds up, cos the more power u push the higher the chance of the gearbox and shit fukn up,

As you've probably gathered Bulldog many in here believe the race for horse power has resulted in a lack of development other CRUCIAL areas of motor development .... mainly gearbox.As a result even if you have the best head (big call) on a motor it's no good if the box aint up to the job ... a worked 140 puts out enough hp to tell us that .

so yeah you'll have to excuse our skepticism at this point ....I like most in here would like to believe it's the goods but as some have said until we see it on a podium or at least running around a track or even a dyno read out you're claims will be just that ...you're claims ..... and we ... as experience dictates will remain skeptical.

And yeah mate I mean no offense .... it's just the news.:cool:

well...lets face it John...between Taiwan and chinese is a huuuuge difference....and I am afraid this engines mentioned above are 110% chinese;)....funny though the remarks about Takegawa from this dude:p:p...4sure he never swung a leg above an engine like that!!

@bulldog : ...did you recently did see the results from MMSX...??....and Take 4v are jokes...well then at least 15 of the podium guys went with a joke their:D

That's right, there is a big difference between Taiwan and Chinese, they are both breaking, but if you break a Taiwan Takegawa one, you don't have the money anymore to buy a other one to break, with one from China it's no problem to buy a other engine to continue racing...

I do see two points where you surprise me with, the first point is that you say it's 110% Chinese without seen one in real, testing one, open one, inspecting one and compete one against a other engine, and the second point, before you say some "4sure", because it seems that you are quiet sure very fast about anything that I never swing my legs over a engine like that, well let's say that i was swinging my legs over these engines before you even could walk on your legs...

I will poast some picture here from my old bikes so that you can see where I swung my legs over the past 13 years...

Oh yes, did you know that I introduced Takegawa, Kitaco and Daytona in Belgium and Holland and that I was the first official Takegawa importer from the Benelux countries?...

I guess not, because that would take some research and some time...

My Honda Dax in 1996:
(Takegawa Superhead, Takegawa Cylinder and Piston, Takegawa 50mm Crankshaft, Takegawa Super Street 5-speed transmission, Takegawa Dry Clutch first generation, Takegawa Super Cool oil cooler, Kitaco Inner Rotor ignition, Kitaco Carbon Up Type silencer, Keihin FCR28 Carburetor...)

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241920367.jpg

My Honda Dax in 1997:
(Same setup, but with modified air filter)

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241918806.jpg

My Honda XR50R in 2001 (138cc):
(Takegawa TwinSpark Superhead, Takegawa Hydraulic Dry Clutch second generation, Takegawa 56mm Cylinder and TwinSpark Pïston, Takegawa Super Street 5-Speed transmission, Takegawa Racing Up exhaust system, Keihin FCR28 Carburetor, 56mm Stroke Crankshaft racing type, Takegawa Back Step, Takegawa Font Fork, Takegawa Speed and Tachometer, etc...)

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241919206.jpg

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241921040.jpg

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241921485.jpg

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241921686.jpg

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241922275.jpg

My Honda Dax in 2005:
(Full Takegawa, 4-Valve Head, 6-Speed transmission, Double Over Racing Exhaust System, etc...)

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241923035.jpg

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241923295.jpg

Oh, and talking about Takegawa quality, here are some pictures from what the Takegawa Crankshaft do with your engine..
Takegawa "forgot" to make 2 holes on top from about 3mm for the lubrication from the piston pin.
After looking for the problem, i found wat it was, and i have send them a fax back then with the sollution of this problem (I broke 3 crankshafts before I found the problem from the Takegawa crank (long time, i admit...))

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241923645.jpg

http://www.uploader.be/output/1241923916.jpg

So before you are "4sure" about something, please do some research...

Greetings,

Reggy

Yeh Don't even start on the Takegawa bashing.

Who i saying that I want to start on the Takegawa bashing, I give you the results from my experiences all over the years....

You dont even have a bike let alone anything with any takegawa bits on it.

Well my friend, check my pictures, I had a lot of bikes with a lot of these Takegawa and other parts on...

I know like everyone else who has had any takegawa or kitaco bits is that they are still light years ahead in terms of quality and relability of any chinese manufacturers. TB is good yeh but Takegawa is better , takegawa is the best.

Well, if we see what Honda did in the 60's, then I would not talk about lightyears ahead in terms of quality and relabiity or anything actually...
Based on what you say here I think you have not to much experience with these parts...

If Takegawa is the best, well, then it don't look good for the tuning world and I hope that Yuminashi can do better to make these engines better in terms of relability and quality in the future.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that this Yuminashi is already where we should be with the quality, if you are racing with it, then still the clutch will have problems etc, but the price difference between twose two is huge and they all give the same result.

Roller rockers from the new head, we broke them already alright, takegawa clutch on a tuned 160cc, we also broke it, etc...

You can't go around making claims like this motor is better than anything else when we haven't herd any feedback from any REAL riders or companies.

As far as I know I never told that this engine is better, is cheaper, that's for sure...
Well, the engine will be used on the Belgium Championship and also in the UK.
It's a new engine, how can everybody have it then, and if they don't have it yet, then the real riders like you call them can not give results, so have some patience that your real riders and companies can test them and publish the results...

Not some Asian inside a warehouse making B.S HP claims.

Who is saying that I am Asian???!!! hahahahaha
I am as white as you can get!
I come from Belgium, Europe :)

I'd like to think this is something different. But honestly do you really need 181cc's of engine , I dont think most riders will be able to correctly handle that size donk on a proper track. I get enough bloody arm pump as it is on my 88cc limited racing. Imagine a 181cc bike , there's no way I'd be using the power.

Well, some people want a GTI car, and some people want a Diesel for car.
If you want the power, then they have it...

China - please focus on getting your engine's as reliable as possible and stop with the capacity war.

Not only China, but also the Brands like Takegawa etc because if you take a look to my last two pictures, well you don't want that this is your engine, i can tell you that, and i broke 3 Takegawa crankshaft's like that before I found the Takegawa problem.

Takegawa forgot to make 2 small holes on top of the connecting rod, like you can see with Honda, from 3mm.
So the pistion pin did not get enough lubrication, became hot, expended and brake the connection rod in two every time.

After i modified the Takegawa crankshaft like this, i never broke one again and i have send a fax to Takegawa back then to give them my results.

Looks good , mybe too much power , we'll have to wait and see. I hope your not going to be putting these in pitpro's etc keep these motor's in a very well built stable chasis otherewise it will be a death machine.

:)

As you've probably gathered Bulldog many in here believe the race for horse power has resulted in a lack of development other CRUCIAL areas of motor development .... mainly gearbox.As a result even if you have the best head (big call) on a motor it's no good if the box aint up to the job ... a worked 140 puts out enough hp to tell us that .

so yeah you'll have to excuse our skepticism at this point ....I like most in here would like to believe it's the goods but as some have said until we see it on a podium or at least running around a track or even a dyno read out you're claims will be just that ...you're claims ..... and we ... as experience dictates will remain skeptical.

And yeah mate I mean no offense .... it's just the news.:cool:

You hit the nail right on the head!
That's absolutely that everybody forget with the race to horse power and i fully agree with you!!!...

I hope that Yuminashi will be the first tuning company that will do something on that problem.

The gearbox, the clutch and the crankcases have to be improved, but basicly there should become a complete other type of engine because where we are talking about are engines that Honda have designed for a 49cc back in the 60's.

The pitbike engines that we are using now are copies from the Honda Wave or Honda Nice110 engines.

What we need is a engine that looks about the same, but is totally reinforced inside, the bearings, axles, everything...

Why does Takegawa and everybody have all these problems, because they are also building on a design that is made for a 49cc and that have to be changed by someone, sometime...

I hope that that time become soon because I looooooooooooooovveee horsepower on a small bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only time will tell.

There's only so many claims import motor's can make , Im getting sick of them. You can't help but understand my cinicysm. The fact that so many manufacturers like you before have come out and made claims that their motor's are revolutionary. They are getting close , no doubt. Daytona 124cc dohc motor outright beaten by a yx160 (Substantially worked) , even though the dohc kits are preety old now it still suprised me...

I should'nt doubt , but can't help be sceptic. But I wish you the best of luck with the project... Hopefully this motor will really shake up the industry as its affordable but not mind bendingly cheap that it will be in poor quality bikes (like the yx's) and soil the the name.

i like the tacky look alike cases pretty cool

i'm shit and will say i cant use my 150 to it's full potential on some tracks mind you most you dont need to

Everything is made to a price and this will never change in our industry or any for that matter

i found it will cost me about 6k plus to get harrods to build me an indestructible g/box so gear drums crank but still gunna have case issue's

so if china can do it in bulk it's still gunna be about 4k + to get a super indestructible china box over here and straight away priced out of the market.
maybe viable if proven and the jap market snaps them up to but out of there stubbon ways i cant see that happening

i'll just rebuild mine every 6 months all good

Latest posts

Back