NGK Iridium Plugs?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know that china copts a lot of this stuff or do you think its just a good deal?

all the packaging look's the same to me,

NGK Coil $34.99

$_12.JPG

NGK Coil $59.97

mheMAyAZTDDPPpWhxi94B3Q.jpg

NGK lead $35

mBjHL6v_dRPYb0Z2252lAWQ.jpg

I'm only talking from experience here mate, had both, tried both, used the adapter on the split fire, and what I stated was what worked best. Trail and error. Hyper coil, NGK lead, iridium plug.

i might grab this one for the gpx125 and then when I've got a bit more money get theHyper coil, NGK lead, iridium plug set up for the 160. unless you know some cheap places to grab all the gear? the cheapest i could find was this set uphttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RACING-NGK-IGNITION-COIL-LEAD-110cc-125cc-150cc-200-250cc-PIT-ATV-Dirt-Quad-Bike-/261328539378?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd8650ef2&_uhb=1
http://classichonda50saustralia.com...gk-iridium-ix-spark-plug-cr7hix/ENP-01.CR7HIX

so all up that runs $103.37 which is a bit pricey unless you feel its worth the difference from the stock set up

Ngk Lead = $35.87 (lead only)
hyper coil = $49.50
Spark = $18

Hey mate I feel like it was worth it in just the terms that every bike I've put that setup on started and ran 100% better. It's up to you, just get the plug first if your on a budget, you might see enough improvement to be happy with just that if your on a budget. Let us know how you go with whatever you do bro.

Okay Guys Got the NGK coil and plugs in the post today. One question though and it might be dumb... how do i connect this coil? its different to the one on my DHZ as it had two connections that i just slid clips on to. the NGK one looks like this and only has one clip.... so any advice on the best way to correctly hook it up and get it attached to the frame would be much appreciated. IMG_6791.JPG

Your power wire to the clip (black and yellow from memory) and the green wire with clip needs to be earthed where the coil mounts to the frame

So the two bits coming out the sides are the mounts for the frame? so just put two bolts through them and earth one? any tips on neatly installing or mounting this to the frame? or just drill some holes and go for it?

Yeah they are for mounting, you can get away with only bolting it down on one side I had to do that on one if my builds as the frame only had one mount point.

you could drill and tap your frame with an M6 tap, then use some spacers to space the coil away from the frame and bolt it on.
don't forget to earth you green from the cdi to the mount as well.

Or if your old coil mounted like this ↓, or you have an old one like it, you can drill the 2x rivets out and bolt your new coil to the bracket.

-font-b-Ignition-b-font-font-b-Coil-b-font-black-For-Pit-Bike-font.jpg

Last edited:
cheers guys! i'll see what i come up with this weekend and i'll let you know if the new coil is any good

Latest posts

Back