Nicks LXR Anima 150f

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickv1980

The Bling Kings!!!
Reaction score
The times come to start a proper build thread im gonna keep it simple I dont feel like writing a bible about it so just the main specifics here no bull crap .

Brought the LXR nitro circus anima 150f couple of weeks back. Done the usual stuff ... grease , lock-tite , oils (maxima premium 4 10w40) brake fluid change and main assembly .

(this list will be updated accordingly as i progress)

So far ive fitted (see pics below) :

Custom made gauge / meter mount
TTO Hour-Tach meter
TTO Oil Temp meter with custom made sender fitting
NGK lead
TB Red dipstick
Red anodised oil banjo fittings and new lines
Pro grip wash plug

UPDATED PARTS:

Tag T2 Mini bend Alius search destroy bars
Tag Rebound Lo-Pro Grips
CHP Super coil
Keihin Pe 28mm genuine

Day she arrived home :

2012-09-12141340.jpg

2012-09-12142400.jpg

Modified bash plate to suit sump plug :

2012-09-18173202.jpg

Tidy wiring job:

2012-09-18180310.jpg

Ported / cleaned and de-burred intake :

2012-09-20184013_zps0d0c4bad.jpg

After assembly getting her blood transfusion :

2012-09-27165331.jpg

Custom made TTO tank mount and oil sender fitting :

2012-10-04174740.jpg

2012-10-03165404.jpg

TTO gauges installed with wiring all wrapped and tied down on custom made tank mount:

2012-10-06120547.jpg

2012-10-06121832.jpg

NGK lead modified to fit and installed , custom oil temp sender , TB parts dipstick red anodised oil fittings:

2012-10-05211458.jpg

Massive 65mm wash plug (yep its huge) :

2012-10-05211841.jpg

New Tag bars and grips :

2012-10-10180106.jpg

CHP super coil and Keihin PE 28mm :

Comparing the CHP super coil to the original is like day and night ...
The CHP coil produces the biggest fattest brightest blue spark ever !

The Keihin PE 28mm carb is a genuine made in japan 4 stroke daytona carb setup with 42/125 jetting JFQ needle and a 2.5 slide with 48mm uni filter ... gave up on the oko 26mm it was good but not perfect.. so i went with the carb that daytona recommend for the anima 150f .. yet to test it out though. Ill post my results soon . Needless to say it wasn't cheap to buy and set up ! so it better perform well...

2012-10-17213212.jpg

2012-10-17213629.jpg

Bit more done :

ASV C6 Levers
Red bolt kit from pro bolt probably other stuff but cant remember ....

P1040184.jpg

P1040181.jpg

P1040179.jpg

Last edited:
looks good nick,
i cant even tell if it's been ridden yet?

btw,
i like your pedal/lever savers, not many people use them anymore.

and, your work area looks like a picture out of a tool catalogue, it's too clean there mate.

@my67xr : Yeah she's been ridden mate i took it down Nowra last weekend for a few hours to get it run in.

I know the garage is way too clean .. It wasn't all that nice until i painted the floor now I've gone crazy keeping it like a surgery lol OCD like Killpatrickyum said

@my67xr : Yeah she's been ridden mate i took it down Nowra last weekend for a few hours to get it run in.

I know the garage is way too clean .. It wasn't all that nice until i painted the floor now I've gone crazy keeping it like a surgery lol OCD like Killpatrickyum said

Sweet ride you got there! I want an LXR now! Haha that garage is to tidy, my dad gets annoyed and lectures me even if i leave a socket wrench out :p

Anima is a very different beast compared to the z160ho .. It more of a top end tearer than a balls to the wall torque monster .

Power delivery down low is very smooth and accurate whether you roll it on or wick the throttle open still has room for improvement with some jetting and playing with the needle hight but anything over half way through the rpms she starts to wake up and rip along like no ones business .

I had it out the other day down near the back of my house it was a little wet and on concrete it was frying the rear tyre in 1st 2nd and 3rd on the cement once the power comes on ..

Thinking i might try a richer needle position or go up a pilot size from 34 to 35 not sure yet as im thinking a 35 pilot maybe be to drastic and more a needle height adjustment issue ..

Symptoms indicate a leanish pilot circuit : Anything over 1 turn out on the screw and she will high idle after you rev it and hunt a bit and also hesitates when wicking the throttle under load

Ive got the mixture set at 3/4 turn out and its close to spot on , no high idle and the bog / hesitation is lessened . Still if you wick the throttle open from low rpms whilst riding it hesitates a tiny little bit then shes off .

Wicking the throttle open at an average pace in neutral is a no go and it will flame out and stall but rolling it on smooth is ok ... im not to worried about how it acts stationary its not important its how it acts when she's on the move ..

Ken at DHZ has the Keihin PE 28's to suit the anima 150's now so i might not bother waisting my time with the oko and get a PE .... its what daytona recommend on these motors

Last edited:
question:

the oulet, same angle as crf50 heads? can put crf50 stlye pipes on 150\190 animas?

If your referring to exhaust port angle yes its crf 50 style bud.

Ok so i got a chance to fiddle with carby today tried different needle settings and even a 35 pilot ...

Verdict : 35 was horrible power was really flat the bog was still present , needle heights either way made it worse

In the end the original settings 34/118 needle middle clip with the mixture 3/4 of a turn out it runs the best .. once i changed things and had something to compare it to the original settings ken recommended from dhz are by far the best for the anima 150f

I still had to have a play around though cause you never no if you dont try !

nice bike!! Where did you get the oil temp meter?? Do you got an aluminium rear frame or is it just painted silver?

btw, did you buy the daytona pe 28? they are usually pretty good tuned in!?

Got the temp gauge off ebay..
Rear sub frame is aluminum.
Yeah it's a Daytona pe 28 but it came with wrong slide and needle... Was set up for the 2 valve Daytona 150.. Got new slide and needle from j-parts in japan

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Parts came for the Pe28 today installed new slide and needle and fitted to the lxr :

2012-10-25214252.jpg

sex on wheels nick, runnin some quality gear mate, need some vids soon:)

Just wondering what's with the manifold, why are they designed like that?

Latest posts

Back