Nitrous 150 build.... how to get the most out an ebay junker

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Nitrous 150 build.... how to get the most out of an ebay junker

OK so I've had all these nitrous 150/160 parts laying around for ages and too lazy to sell em, so I'm gonna build up a bike based on the nitrous frame using all the useable stock parts I have and adding better parts where needed... basically gonna do all the mods that any ebay junker needs to make it a weapon on the track ;)

So far the plan is:
Hi-Tensile bolts all around, china bolts are way too soft
Zocchi replicas with CNC triples, getting them custom built by the chinamen...
swingarm is borrowed from my 140xr but it's the same as the stock nitrous swinga, just I sold the stocker to someone
basic fastace shock also borrowed from the 140xr
7075 Rims with CNC hubs.... carlsbad on the rear and innova on the front
Rimlock so prevent popped tubes
Protaper bars,
billet 1/4 throttle
26mm oko flatslide carby
Daytona style YX150 from a nitrous....
RK or D.I.D chain

The idea of the build is to make a decent crf style out of the parts I have with minimum money spent, main thing I'm buying is the forks, the rest I already have. Reason is I'm sick of my shitpro klx style so it's time for something a bit different.

here's how she sits atm:
Nitrous 150 build 01.jpg

Last edited:
Just set the valve clearance which should be done on any new bike or engine before you start it, just like the yx160 the yx150 had zero clearance.

Ground down the flywheel pickup tab to 5mm, this retards the timing a lil bit to help prevent kickback
Nitrous 150 build 02.jpg

Somethings gotta be done about this ugly sprocket cover.....
Nitrous 150 build 03.jpg

So out comes the angle grinder
Nitrous 150 build 04.jpg

Great work rip! It's great someone is giving one of these bikes a build up! Will show the people with a small budget that you can have a half decent bike with out killing the bank. I'm interested to see how this goes. Keep up the thread.

welll if I didn't already have most of the upgrade parts this build would be pointless as it'd cost something crazy and you'd be better off with a pitster or the up and coming RevolutionMX.

But i'll make this nitrous as good as it can be without breaking the bank

Just a quick bit of progress, nuthin special....
Nitrous 150 build 05.jpg

Nitrous 150 build 06.jpg

good old shitpro looking tricker than ever
Nitrous 150 build 07.jpg

Cooooooll.... Ive got an X4R but prob going to get a Nitruos just to have for backup polaything.....

Last edited:
I love you garage... so classy rip lol. Umm and nice as frame you got there ;) you should make it pink :p Arent you gonna use the motor from your pitpro?

nope see how the 150 goes, it's a very different engine so should b interesting, can put the 160 in your braaap if ya want

You might have a trick side case, but it still has Atomik written on it! :p

Will be watching this build with interest...

if you're a really gorgeous young lady I'll think about it, otherwise you know to put that 150 :p

nope that won't cut either but I'll send him over to thump140's place

Rip hope your not keeping those nitrous stickers ill buy you a new set if thats the case ha ha

startin to look more like a bike now....
Nitrous 150 build 09.jpg

forks were sumthin like $325 shipped from china

Latest posts

Back