Nitrous oxide?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
anyone tried to fit theire bikes with NOS? I've seen shops sell cheap, small kits ment for pocketbikes and other small size engines, the kit consist of a trigger mechanism that can be mounted to the handlebars, a small cartridge(maybe 8 to 16Oz) inside the trigger, and a hose running to a valve that gets connected somewhere on the airfilter, the kits promises dramatic power increase for 15 to 30 secs depending on the setup of the system. anyone tried them? are they worth getting just for the fun of it?

i believe you have to drill a hole in the intake manifold and tap a thread and insert the valve.Its preety much extra bling and bragging rights i guess the shots would have a very minimal effect only being small cartridges , Should be around a 1hp boost for a few ticks so not really worth the trouble.Theres a guy on here called blowfly he's got a nos setup so maybe pm him for more detail

bull shit, we put a propper NOS kit on to a pocket nike (one for a remote controll car) and not one person could stay on he bike it would flip us off as soon as it came on, we were leaning / laying over the front of it and still flipped us off.
dont buy the soda bulb ones by the real shit and it works

yeah they work but you have to tune the carby so it runs rich because nos leans it out too much
if you dont run it rich theres a really good chance of killing the engine

the bad side is if you do richin it up the bike will run shit when you arnt using the nos

I remember i was talking to someone that used it and it did work and it was just the cheap ones.

They come with one of those filters that have a metal cap on the end and it has a hole drilled through it.

But why would these kits be harmful for the engine? I know of course that running lean will make the combustion extremely hot, but these things leans out the mixture for only seconds at the time, and by using common sense and not over-revving the engine to the extreme, I dont see the harm.
as for the effect of the system, I think It might be worth it just for fun:) and anyone of you actually tried them yourselves? I see a lot of second-hand opinions here...

I think it would be fine if it was only for a few seconds.

How about guys that do wheelies for like 5 minutes? Starving the head of oil would be more dangerous I rekon.

I think I'm going to order a kit just for fun:) the webshop that sells these kits actually garantee that it will work. I have a suzuki TS50 (moped) I can try it on first. If it works, cool! then I'll throw it on the old loncin and see what happens...

After doing some research on the web I think I've figured out why people struggle to make these cheap kits work, these kits are what one would call a "dry-shot" of NOS, that means that only the gas N2O is injected from the nozzle into the carb.
NOS itself doesn't make power, but releases oxygen that when mixed with more-than-normal amounts of fuel creates massive power.
A "wet-shot" NOS system contains a seperate fuel nozzle that injects fuel alongside the NOS solving the problem of making NOS effective,
this means, as people have pointed out, that the carb must be rich to unleash the full effect of NOS, in normal jetted carb the NOS would simply create a lean condition, but when richening the carb, the bike wouldn't run right the rest of the time.

But I have a theory on how to solve the problem, open the choke to release more fuel and then hit the NOS. This would only work on carbs with a seperate choke-jet, not on carbs using a valve to block the venturi when the choke is on.
am I on to something? or am I just talking bullshit?

when you put the choke on the bike stalls and dies. thats how you turn one off without a killswitch.

when you put the choke on the bike stalls and dies. thats how you turn one off without a killswitch.
thats not the chokes function, I guess most of you aussies don't need a choke on your bikes, but in my climate it's essential, the choke is designed for coldstarts, when it's cold outside, engines get harder to start, the choke dumps more fuel into the engine by opening a seperate jet, or by obstructing the airflow through the venturi, forcing the engine to suck in more fuel and thus creating an extremely rich condition. In the winter here it's impossible to start any of my bikes without the choke on.
I guess you guys have summer all year around:D

When it's subzero degrees like it's here right now, you can kick your bike until your foot starts bleeding and it will still be dead, turn the choke on and it breaths life in one kick. It's the best friend in these temperatures. but anyway, the reason your bike dies when you turn on the choke is because the carb deliver much, much more fuel than the engine can burn with the oxygen it naturally draws from the air, Its an extremely rich condition, thats why I think NOS and choke together could work. and this without the need to run a too big main jet.

yes, thats the crappy part, I can see it all in my head, 4th gear wide open throttle, reach down to flip the choke, and turning the NOS on with my thumb by the throttle and BOOM! instant loss of control and most likely to crash violently. if it works...

surely u could rig up something so that u can put the choke on with out taking ur hand off the handlebars

Latest posts

Back