no power??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitsterprobrendan

Reaction score
gday

my names brendan i have an lxr with the v2 race head, at the nationals my bike idoled fine sounded great but had no power what so ever ,it was running good no splattering nothing, sounded like it did last week end when i went for a ride, but had no balls what so ever went about the same speed as a stock 110 i did the clearances on tuesday started fine but when i went out for practise it just wasnt giving me any power in return

does anyone know what this would be or has anyone had similar problems?

Double check that your cam hasn't slipped compared to the drive flange. There was a batch that would. Not enough press-fit. Tak de-comp cam, in the grind of your liking (15/20/25 for MX) cures most ills;)

yep.. check as above... the cam gear boss on the cams can move or be set wrongly from manufacturer.
seen this on yx engines a few times..

also check your cam timing just in case you set it up wrong..

what carb are you running and what jets?

i have an oko carby with the the standard jets thanks heaps guys im bloody hopeless at this shit and when it didnt have much grunt i was dumb found looks like il have a fun week end thanks again

is it a 26mm or 28mm oko carby?

stock jets in a 26mm will be boarder line too small.. run out of power quick..
try a 104 main.. pilot jet should be fine..

Latest posts

Back