no start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie39

Reaction score
so i tried to start my bike the other day, and the old girl wont fire....
i checked the fuel, we have fuel, air filter not blocked, we have air, pulled the plug out, and couldnt see a spark when resting it on the head...
should i order a new coil pack from dhz or should i be checking anything else first...

check over the wiring looking for broken connections.. check if insulation has rubbed thru anyware, often under tank and seat are notorious spots for this..
check and double check ya kill switch and ignition! tried a new plug? even one out a lawnmower(that runs) maybe its just ur plugs knaffed!?

dont forget to keep the thread alive and put a conclusion as to what you try and what the outcome is!

if what foolspeed mentioned doesn't work, go further down the ignition sytsem, most common fault after the spark plug is the CDI unit, gets waterlogged/mudded due to its location.

never been ridden in water / mud so far... always around try bush or farms.... its still clean....
ill have to look at it on the weekend as im pressed for time this week, but will keep you posted. yes i have tried a new plug also.

there does not seem to be any cut or loose wiring. could it be the cdi unit or the coil?
chances are its both slim, but should i get both anyway or first the coil..

yeah got a similar problem wit my bike 2day..
tried electric startin it but no go :(
tried kick starting it and nothin either...
not sure wat the problem is..
was running fine yesterday..
mayb sum do wit the carby or electrical side of things :/
any ideas wer to start?

Latest posts

Back