NOT HAPPY JAN!!! OKO 26mm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHINA-RIDER

Reaction score
Well I got a OKO 26mm from ken and I wanted to chage the main jet so I go to take the fuel bowl off and the screws are jammed in so tight I almost broke the first one getting it out.

This is my problem, the second screw is locked in tight and the screw is trying to destroy itself rather then comming out.

I tried cutting a bigger groove in it since it rounded off but still wont budge and keeps just destorying itself.

I also tried getting the heat gun onto it and heating the area the screw goes into.

I also put it in the vice and tried removing the screw.

I also tried all 3 at once and the screw wouldnt come out.

What now?

Anything I should try?

an impact driver or if you dont have one a screw driver bit in a 6-8 ml socket (not sure of actual size off the top of my head)and ratchet i have never had a screw that cant be undone with a ratchet ...unless it looks like a dogs arshole after you took to it then drill it out
but a brand new part shoudnt be siezed

I got the same carbie off Ken a week ago off his latest delivery and I had the same problem.
The bowl screws were so tight I nearlly farked the carbie trying to un do them.I had to try to find a screw driver that fitted the screws perfect but with a nice fat handle.

hrmm this seems to just be the case with okos... I have a 28mm and i had the same issue. Plus a mate who had a few carbies also told me he had issues every time getting them out... ha ha

when taking screws out always use a quality screw driver and one that fits perfectly. Usually this happening can be easily avoided.

hmm i swear some people will never learn

my mate just got hes oko and he tried using some bigass screwdriver to undo it so i took it back to mine found a screw driver that fitted nicely and BAM the screws came out

seriously tho you couldnt of been using the right size for this too happen like i use a $1 scewdriver but it just happened to be the right size ;)

same thing happened with my OKO. i used a perfect size screwdriver also but it wouldnt budge and it was rounding, so i got my dremel and cut off the head of the screw which then allowed me to take the bowl off. then i just replaced it with a hex head screw i had lying around

some times whene a screw is that tight it is worth trying to do it up a littel so it wiil just get it to brake wonce you get it to move it should come out

that method works well with seized bolts/screws but not so much with ones that are as tight as these ones are

hmmm, iv never had a problem with bowl screws on an oko but other (china) carbs i have...
smalll pair of vise grips works a treat, or try and put the screw in the corner vise..

try and use a perfect fit screw driver with a hardened tip

I was lucky I had the brains to try all my screw drivers until I found the one that fit but if some one used a driver that was only an ok fit the screws would of been stuffed very quick,

Its easy to "Think" its the right size screwdriver but its easy to misjudge it . best thing is to try several sizes before you start destroying things.

Well, I asked my dad the other day If he knew another way, so he got a soldering Iron out and put it on the end of the screw and heated it up till the bolt was real hot and got some pliers and BAM out with almost no effort.

He said this way is effective because as with using a soldering iron you heat the one area, with out damaging the carby.

I did find that the first screw was alot stronger quality while the other screw (The one I had problems with) was very soft and would take very little effort to damage it.

I'm 100% sure I had the right screw driver because I checked before I undid them.

lol China rider it will dismay you immensely to know that you dont need to remove the float bowl on oko's to remove the main jet... that's half the reason it has that big drain bolt in the bottom, and one of many beauties of the oKO... so you did a heap of fu****ng about for no reason. :D

Yeah I realised once I had taken it off but I dont think I could have removed it with the tools I have through the hole.

When I did change the main jet it was undoing the bigger thing as well so I guess, I would have had to take it off anyway.

For future reference this trick can be used.

I find if you get a big shifter (or spanner) and put them on the end of the screwdriver then your able to control the turn alot easier whilst placing more force than just by hand. This way you can have one hand on the spanner to turn and one with all your weight behind it pushing down on the end of the screwdriver to prevent stripping of the bolt. I have used this technique on many a difficult screw and am yet to stuff one.

Always good to know more than one way to kill a cat or bird or bolt

Latest posts

Back