not happy jan!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
ok so boys brigade had a camp at our place this weekend and went to start my bike to take it for a lap this morning and the kick starter goes down easy and the actual engine isnt even turning over!
its like trying to start with the clutch in but harder!
its only been 5.7 hours on the hour meter and the friggen thing has already dead!
since the first couple of kicks of the engine since new its happened on and off!
if the chain is off the front sprocket will just spin in the opposite direction that it is supposed to!
im soooo pissed that its not even 6 hours and the f#cking thing has died!
did i get a dud?
will ken do anything?
is there a warrenty (im guessing no)
oil i used was castrol activ 4t 15w-50
im just sick of the damn thing breaking!
i think something isnt engaging or something!
if you need a video of it or something just tell me and ill do my best
any help would be appreciated
thanks,
james :mad:

sounds like your kickstart gears are broken.

It has nothing to do with Ken if your bike breaks. You have already ridden it.

Take off the right engine case and see if anything is not right.

yeah sounds like the clutch has fallen off dump the oil pull the cover off and have a look happened to my brothers bike and still cant get it to stay on HAVE FUN TRYING.............

maybe your clutch is adjusted to tightly??

try undoing the clutch adjuster so there is heaps of freeplay and seen if it works

but yet put a vid of you trying to kickstart so we know exactly whats happening

if the bike is in neutral the clutch adjustment has no effect on the kicking over of the bike

yep, couple of things can cause it.

if the clutch is adjusted too tight then this will happen..
you need free play in the clutch lever on the bars as well as free play on the lever at the clutch cover and you need to make sure your cable isnt kinked under the fuel tank and thru the fork clamps.
also make sure you clutch cable isnt nearly seized.
if all that turns out good then you need to adjust the clutch free play behind the little cover on the clutch cover. there will be a fork and an adjuster screw in there.
adjust it so the is about 2mm of free play on the lever on the cover. and also give it a lube with some spray grease or something.

theres a thread that was started just the other day and the member had exactly the same issue...

yep, couple of things can cause it.

if the clutch is adjusted too tight then this will happen..
you need free play in the clutch lever on the bars as well as free play on the lever at the clutch cover and you need to make sure your cable isnt kinked under the fuel tank and thru the fork clamps.
also make sure you clutch cable isnt nearly seized.
if all that turns out good then you need to adjust the clutch free play behind the little cover on the clutch cover. there will be a fork and an adjuster screw in there.
adjust it so the is about 2mm of free play on the lever on the cover. and also give it a lube with some spray grease or something.

theres a thread that was started just the other day and the member had exactly the same issue...
so take off the kick starter side cover?

and has anyone got a link to this thread?

take these 2 screws out and this cover will pop off

IMG_0485.jpg

than follow sean's instructions, hopefully yours wont look as bad as this inside

IMG_0488.jpg

but thats really hard to get off!
tried heaps of times with my old engine!

stop refreshing your webpage after you have posted something and it goes to a white page with a whole heap of codes, it has already posted it

Latest posts

Back